May 12, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Tony Parker, who was spectacular for San Antonio on Friday with 25 first half points on the way to a game high 32, suffered a bruised calf at some point during the fourth quarter. He received treatment for it on the bench, and had a bit of a limp when he returned to action.
Parker’s injury doesn’t appear to be as serious as Curry’s at this point, and he’s confident he’ll be able to go in Game 4 on Sunday.
Nursing a bruise in his left calf he says is the size of a baseball, Parker was a spectator at practice but says he hopes — nay, expects — to play in what could be a pivotal Game 4 on Sunday afternoon against Golden State.
“I just can’t see myself not playing,” Parker said. “I’ll definitely play.”
Team doctors appear relatively confident in the diagnosis of a bruise. No X-rays or other precautionary tests have been scheduled.
Much like the Warriors with Curry, if Parker is limited, it could dramatically affect his team’s chances.
Parker’s ability to consistently hit midrange jumpers was huge in Game 3, because that’s what the Warriors were willing to give up defensively. Without that offensive explosion, and before the Spurs had made defensive adjustments to slow the hot shooting of both Curry and Klay Thompson, Golden State got out to large leads in each of the first two games.
The battle of who’s healthier between Parker and Curry will likely go a long way in deciding Game 4. If both players are limited, you’d have to give the edge to the Spurs, considering the way the last two games have been decided in their favor while Curry was forced into shooting a low percentage over the last six quarters of the series.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48