May 12, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
The play occurred after Mohammed committed a hard foul on James before wrapping him up just past half court, and after James drew a technical foul for tossing Mohammed to the deck once the two had gotten tangled up.
While Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau was fined for his postgame comments regarding the officiating, it appears that Mohammed will avoid further disciplinary action from the league office.
No more disciplinary action coming for Nazr Mohammed following his Game 3 ejection. No fine or suspension. #Bulls
— K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) May 12, 2013
And really, that’s the correct decision.
Mohammed’s play was after the whistle and an ejection for it was certainly warranted. But it was only a shove, after all, and whether the Bulls’ belief that James flopped on the play is true or not, it wasn’t serious enough overall to warrant any additional punishment.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 8: Kobe Bryant returns 2
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 3
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 5
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 43
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22