May 12, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
The play occurred after Mohammed committed a hard foul on James before wrapping him up just past half court, and after James drew a technical foul for tossing Mohammed to the deck once the two had gotten tangled up.
While Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau was fined for his postgame comments regarding the officiating, it appears that Mohammed will avoid further disciplinary action from the league office.
No more disciplinary action coming for Nazr Mohammed following his Game 3 ejection. No fine or suspension. #Bulls
— K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) May 12, 2013
And really, that’s the correct decision.
Mohammed’s play was after the whistle and an ejection for it was certainly warranted. But it was only a shove, after all, and whether the Bulls’ belief that James flopped on the play is true or not, it wasn’t serious enough overall to warrant any additional punishment.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 20
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 17
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 16
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 40
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5