May 12, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
The play occurred after Mohammed committed a hard foul on James before wrapping him up just past half court, and after James drew a technical foul for tossing Mohammed to the deck once the two had gotten tangled up.
While Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau was fined for his postgame comments regarding the officiating, it appears that Mohammed will avoid further disciplinary action from the league office.
No more disciplinary action coming for Nazr Mohammed following his Game 3 ejection. No fine or suspension. #Bulls
— K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) May 12, 2013
And really, that’s the correct decision.
Mohammed’s play was after the whistle and an ejection for it was certainly warranted. But it was only a shove, after all, and whether the Bulls’ belief that James flopped on the play is true or not, it wasn’t serious enough overall to warrant any additional punishment.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 6
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 31
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 6
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 23
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11