May 12, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
The play occurred after Mohammed committed a hard foul on James before wrapping him up just past half court, and after James drew a technical foul for tossing Mohammed to the deck once the two had gotten tangled up.
While Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau was fined for his postgame comments regarding the officiating, it appears that Mohammed will avoid further disciplinary action from the league office.
No more disciplinary action coming for Nazr Mohammed following his Game 3 ejection. No fine or suspension. #Bulls
— K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) May 12, 2013
And really, that’s the correct decision.
Mohammed’s play was after the whistle and an ejection for it was certainly warranted. But it was only a shove, after all, and whether the Bulls’ belief that James flopped on the play is true or not, it wasn’t serious enough overall to warrant any additional punishment.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 3
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 31
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)