May 12, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
The play occurred after Mohammed committed a hard foul on James before wrapping him up just past half court, and after James drew a technical foul for tossing Mohammed to the deck once the two had gotten tangled up.
While Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau was fined for his postgame comments regarding the officiating, it appears that Mohammed will avoid further disciplinary action from the league office.
No more disciplinary action coming for Nazr Mohammed following his Game 3 ejection. No fine or suspension. #Bulls
— K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) May 12, 2013
And really, that’s the correct decision.
Mohammed’s play was after the whistle and an ejection for it was certainly warranted. But it was only a shove, after all, and whether the Bulls’ belief that James flopped on the play is true or not, it wasn’t serious enough overall to warrant any additional punishment.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17