May 12, 2013, 6:47 PM EDT
Smith was still recovering from the illness that caused him to miss shootaround on Saturday, and Martin was now under the weather, as well.
“Kenyon’s kind of coming down with [illness], too,” Knicks coach Mike Woodson said, via ESPN New York. “So we’ve got to be careful that this thing doesn’t spread, and other guys start dropping.”
Smith’s shooting woes continued with a 4-of-12 outing most recently, after struggling to shoot just 7-of-30 over the first two games of the series.
“We’ve just got to hope that over these next two days he can get some energy back because we desperately need his offense,” Woodson said.
With an extra day to recover before Tuesday’s Game 4, it’s likely both Smith and Martin will be in the lineup, although depending on how severe these illnesses are, their ability to be effective on the court will remain to be seen.
Smith was the recipient of the league’s Sixth Man of the Year award, and averaged 18.1 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 2.7 assists in 33.5 minutes per game during the regular season.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 31
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 52
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31