May 12, 2013, 6:47 PM EDT
Smith was still recovering from the illness that caused him to miss shootaround on Saturday, and Martin was now under the weather, as well.
“Kenyon’s kind of coming down with [illness], too,” Knicks coach Mike Woodson said, via ESPN New York. “So we’ve got to be careful that this thing doesn’t spread, and other guys start dropping.”
Smith’s shooting woes continued with a 4-of-12 outing most recently, after struggling to shoot just 7-of-30 over the first two games of the series.
“We’ve just got to hope that over these next two days he can get some energy back because we desperately need his offense,” Woodson said.
With an extra day to recover before Tuesday’s Game 4, it’s likely both Smith and Martin will be in the lineup, although depending on how severe these illnesses are, their ability to be effective on the court will remain to be seen.
Smith was the recipient of the league’s Sixth Man of the Year award, and averaged 18.1 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 2.7 assists in 33.5 minutes per game during the regular season.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36