May 12, 2013, 6:47 PM EDT
Smith was still recovering from the illness that caused him to miss shootaround on Saturday, and Martin was now under the weather, as well.
“Kenyon’s kind of coming down with [illness], too,” Knicks coach Mike Woodson said, via ESPN New York. “So we’ve got to be careful that this thing doesn’t spread, and other guys start dropping.”
Smith’s shooting woes continued with a 4-of-12 outing most recently, after struggling to shoot just 7-of-30 over the first two games of the series.
“We’ve just got to hope that over these next two days he can get some energy back because we desperately need his offense,” Woodson said.
With an extra day to recover before Tuesday’s Game 4, it’s likely both Smith and Martin will be in the lineup, although depending on how severe these illnesses are, their ability to be effective on the court will remain to be seen.
Smith was the recipient of the league’s Sixth Man of the Year award, and averaged 18.1 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 2.7 assists in 33.5 minutes per game during the regular season.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15