May 12, 2013, 6:47 PM EDT
Smith was still recovering from the illness that caused him to miss shootaround on Saturday, and Martin was now under the weather, as well.
“Kenyon’s kind of coming down with [illness], too,” Knicks coach Mike Woodson said, via ESPN New York. “So we’ve got to be careful that this thing doesn’t spread, and other guys start dropping.”
Smith’s shooting woes continued with a 4-of-12 outing most recently, after struggling to shoot just 7-of-30 over the first two games of the series.
“We’ve just got to hope that over these next two days he can get some energy back because we desperately need his offense,” Woodson said.
With an extra day to recover before Tuesday’s Game 4, it’s likely both Smith and Martin will be in the lineup, although depending on how severe these illnesses are, their ability to be effective on the court will remain to be seen.
Smith was the recipient of the league’s Sixth Man of the Year award, and averaged 18.1 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 2.7 assists in 33.5 minutes per game during the regular season.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 32
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 47
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42