May 11, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
I’m not even sure what to call this. Is it a flip shot? A push shot? A shovel shot? Whatever it you want to call it, it was amazing.
Tony Parker was the offensive catalyst for the Spurs’ game 3 win over the Warriors and hitting shots like this one was one of the reasons why. Parker was aggressive all night in looking for his own shot and when he wasn’t knocking down jumpers, he was driving to the basket and making things happen in the paint.
And while you don’t expect him to hit shots like that one very often, it just goes to show how much of a knack he has for finishing in the paint. I guess he shot 69% at the rim this year for a reason.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 2
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 17
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6