May 10, 2013, 12:52 PM EDT
Taj Gibson had a right to be frustrated — he was fouled two consecutive trips down the court and got no call. That he wanted to chirp at official Scott Foster and pick up a technical in making his point isn’t a shock.
But after the first technical he wouldn’t let up — he kept going and kept talking, got a second and got tossed.
And for that, the league came down on him with a $25,000 fine on Friday.
Joakim Noah, who also was ejected for yelling at officials from the bench, will not be fined. Miami’s Mario Chalmers saw his technical foul for a horse-collar foul on Noah upgraded to a Flagrant 1, but no word yet of a fine.
After the game Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau talked about the Bulls not losing their cool — they didn’t get all the calls but they can’t let their frustration get the best of them. Which it did in Game 2. Things are not going to get easier for the Bulls this series, they need to keep their heads.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7