May 10, 2013, 12:52 PM EDT
Taj Gibson had a right to be frustrated — he was fouled two consecutive trips down the court and got no call. That he wanted to chirp at official Scott Foster and pick up a technical in making his point isn’t a shock.
But after the first technical he wouldn’t let up — he kept going and kept talking, got a second and got tossed.
And for that, the league came down on him with a $25,000 fine on Friday.
Joakim Noah, who also was ejected for yelling at officials from the bench, will not be fined. Miami’s Mario Chalmers saw his technical foul for a horse-collar foul on Noah upgraded to a Flagrant 1, but no word yet of a fine.
After the game Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau talked about the Bulls not losing their cool — they didn’t get all the calls but they can’t let their frustration get the best of them. Which it did in Game 2. Things are not going to get easier for the Bulls this series, they need to keep their heads.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18