May 10, 2013, 12:52 PM EDT
Taj Gibson had a right to be frustrated — he was fouled two consecutive trips down the court and got no call. That he wanted to chirp at official Scott Foster and pick up a technical in making his point isn’t a shock.
But after the first technical he wouldn’t let up — he kept going and kept talking, got a second and got tossed.
And for that, the league came down on him with a $25,000 fine on Friday.
Joakim Noah, who also was ejected for yelling at officials from the bench, will not be fined. Miami’s Mario Chalmers saw his technical foul for a horse-collar foul on Noah upgraded to a Flagrant 1, but no word yet of a fine.
After the game Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau talked about the Bulls not losing their cool — they didn’t get all the calls but they can’t let their frustration get the best of them. Which it did in Game 2. Things are not going to get easier for the Bulls this series, they need to keep their heads.
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 1
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 20
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 1
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 10