May 10, 2013, 12:52 PM EDT
Taj Gibson had a right to be frustrated — he was fouled two consecutive trips down the court and got no call. That he wanted to chirp at official Scott Foster and pick up a technical in making his point isn’t a shock.
But after the first technical he wouldn’t let up — he kept going and kept talking, got a second and got tossed.
And for that, the league came down on him with a $25,000 fine on Friday.
Joakim Noah, who also was ejected for yelling at officials from the bench, will not be fined. Miami’s Mario Chalmers saw his technical foul for a horse-collar foul on Noah upgraded to a Flagrant 1, but no word yet of a fine.
After the game Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau talked about the Bulls not losing their cool — they didn’t get all the calls but they can’t let their frustration get the best of them. Which it did in Game 2. Things are not going to get easier for the Bulls this series, they need to keep their heads.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 6
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 35
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22