May 10, 2013, 5:27 PM EST
Apparently if you want a coaching job in Milwaukee, the best way to get it is be an assistant in Houston.
The Bucks have interviewed their second Rockets head coach, J.B. Bickerstaff, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. The Bucks had already interviewed Rockets lead assistant Kelvin Sampson.
Yes, Bickerstaff, as in son of the Bernie Bickerstaff, the long-time NBA head and assistant coach who was recently released by the Lakers.
The younger Bickerstaff has also interviewed in Detroit (where Nate McMillan is still considered a front-runner). He is expected to get looked at for the Suns job by new GM there Ryan McDonough.
The Bucks have interviewed a number of candidates and are reportedly interested in Brian Shaw of the Pacers and other assistants still busy with playoff teams.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14