May 10, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
Apparently if you want a coaching job in Milwaukee, the best way to get it is be an assistant in Houston.
The Bucks have interviewed their second Rockets head coach, J.B. Bickerstaff, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. The Bucks had already interviewed Rockets lead assistant Kelvin Sampson.
Yes, Bickerstaff, as in son of the Bernie Bickerstaff, the long-time NBA head and assistant coach who was recently released by the Lakers.
The younger Bickerstaff has also interviewed in Detroit (where Nate McMillan is still considered a front-runner). He is expected to get looked at for the Suns job by new GM there Ryan McDonough.
The Bucks have interviewed a number of candidates and are reportedly interested in Brian Shaw of the Pacers and other assistants still busy with playoff teams.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 18
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 15
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 13
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20