May 10, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
Apparently if you want a coaching job in Milwaukee, the best way to get it is be an assistant in Houston.
The Bucks have interviewed their second Rockets head coach, J.B. Bickerstaff, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. The Bucks had already interviewed Rockets lead assistant Kelvin Sampson.
Yes, Bickerstaff, as in son of the Bernie Bickerstaff, the long-time NBA head and assistant coach who was recently released by the Lakers.
The younger Bickerstaff has also interviewed in Detroit (where Nate McMillan is still considered a front-runner). He is expected to get looked at for the Suns job by new GM there Ryan McDonough.
The Bucks have interviewed a number of candidates and are reportedly interested in Brian Shaw of the Pacers and other assistants still busy with playoff teams.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68