May 10, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
Apparently if you want a coaching job in Milwaukee, the best way to get it is be an assistant in Houston.
The Bucks have interviewed their second Rockets head coach, J.B. Bickerstaff, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. The Bucks had already interviewed Rockets lead assistant Kelvin Sampson.
Yes, Bickerstaff, as in son of the Bernie Bickerstaff, the long-time NBA head and assistant coach who was recently released by the Lakers.
The younger Bickerstaff has also interviewed in Detroit (where Nate McMillan is still considered a front-runner). He is expected to get looked at for the Suns job by new GM there Ryan McDonough.
The Bucks have interviewed a number of candidates and are reportedly interested in Brian Shaw of the Pacers and other assistants still busy with playoff teams.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14