May 10, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
Apparently if you want a coaching job in Milwaukee, the best way to get it is be an assistant in Houston.
The Bucks have interviewed their second Rockets head coach, J.B. Bickerstaff, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. The Bucks had already interviewed Rockets lead assistant Kelvin Sampson.
Yes, Bickerstaff, as in son of the Bernie Bickerstaff, the long-time NBA head and assistant coach who was recently released by the Lakers.
The younger Bickerstaff has also interviewed in Detroit (where Nate McMillan is still considered a front-runner). He is expected to get looked at for the Suns job by new GM there Ryan McDonough.
The Bucks have interviewed a number of candidates and are reportedly interested in Brian Shaw of the Pacers and other assistants still busy with playoff teams.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 19
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 19
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2