May 9, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
When you’re in court battling your mother, you know the relationship is strained.
As we told you before, Kobe Bryant’s mother Pamela hooked up with an auction house to sell off some of Kobe’s memorabilia she had — a Lower Merion High School game worn jersey, replica Lakers championship rings and more stuff Kobe’s mother had at her house.
Kobe then went to court to block the sale. The auction house is involved in the case as well, asserting its rights to sell.
In new filings with the court, Kobe’s attorneys say Pamela admitted to Kobe she did not have permission to sell the items, reports the Associated Press.
Pamela Bryant had gotten a $450,000 advance from the auction house, which she was going to use to help buy a new home.
Kobe has long had a strained relationship with his parents. Which is really the saddest part about that.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11