May 9, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
When you’re in court battling your mother, you know the relationship is strained.
As we told you before, Kobe Bryant’s mother Pamela hooked up with an auction house to sell off some of Kobe’s memorabilia she had — a Lower Merion High School game worn jersey, replica Lakers championship rings and more stuff Kobe’s mother had at her house.
Kobe then went to court to block the sale. The auction house is involved in the case as well, asserting its rights to sell.
In new filings with the court, Kobe’s attorneys say Pamela admitted to Kobe she did not have permission to sell the items, reports the Associated Press.
Pamela Bryant had gotten a $450,000 advance from the auction house, which she was going to use to help buy a new home.
Kobe has long had a strained relationship with his parents. Which is really the saddest part about that.
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5