May 9, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
When you’re in court battling your mother, you know the relationship is strained.
As we told you before, Kobe Bryant’s mother Pamela hooked up with an auction house to sell off some of Kobe’s memorabilia she had — a Lower Merion High School game worn jersey, replica Lakers championship rings and more stuff Kobe’s mother had at her house.
Kobe then went to court to block the sale. The auction house is involved in the case as well, asserting its rights to sell.
In new filings with the court, Kobe’s attorneys say Pamela admitted to Kobe she did not have permission to sell the items, reports the Associated Press.
Pamela Bryant had gotten a $450,000 advance from the auction house, which she was going to use to help buy a new home.
Kobe has long had a strained relationship with his parents. Which is really the saddest part about that.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20