May 9, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
When you’re in court battling your mother, you know the relationship is strained.
As we told you before, Kobe Bryant’s mother Pamela hooked up with an auction house to sell off some of Kobe’s memorabilia she had — a Lower Merion High School game worn jersey, replica Lakers championship rings and more stuff Kobe’s mother had at her house.
Kobe then went to court to block the sale. The auction house is involved in the case as well, asserting its rights to sell.
In new filings with the court, Kobe’s attorneys say Pamela admitted to Kobe she did not have permission to sell the items, reports the Associated Press.
Pamela Bryant had gotten a $450,000 advance from the auction house, which she was going to use to help buy a new home.
Kobe has long had a strained relationship with his parents. Which is really the saddest part about that.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11