May 9, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
When you’re in court battling your mother, you know the relationship is strained.
As we told you before, Kobe Bryant’s mother Pamela hooked up with an auction house to sell off some of Kobe’s memorabilia she had — a Lower Merion High School game worn jersey, replica Lakers championship rings and more stuff Kobe’s mother had at her house.
Kobe then went to court to block the sale. The auction house is involved in the case as well, asserting its rights to sell.
In new filings with the court, Kobe’s attorneys say Pamela admitted to Kobe she did not have permission to sell the items, reports the Associated Press.
Pamela Bryant had gotten a $450,000 advance from the auction house, which she was going to use to help buy a new home.
Kobe has long had a strained relationship with his parents. Which is really the saddest part about that.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 7
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 5
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 28
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2