May 8, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
Tuesday was the 18th anniversary of when Reggie Miller’s legendary 8 points in 9 seconds outburst in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference second round — the Pacers were down six when he hit a step-back three, then stole the Knicks inbounds pass (after a push-off), ran back to the arc and drained another three. John Starks helped out with a couple missed free throws, but Reggie hit his. It is a legendary playoff moment.
Miller was back in Madison Square Garden Tuesday night for the Knicks Game 2 win over the Pacers, and we all know Miller and director Spike Lee have a history. So while Miller was taping a TNT segment, Spike Lee video bombed him. Classic.
And in case you never saw the original moment…
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 17
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 36
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 6
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2