May 8, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
Tuesday was the 18th anniversary of when Reggie Miller’s legendary 8 points in 9 seconds outburst in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference second round — the Pacers were down six when he hit a step-back three, then stole the Knicks inbounds pass (after a push-off), ran back to the arc and drained another three. John Starks helped out with a couple missed free throws, but Reggie hit his. It is a legendary playoff moment.
Miller was back in Madison Square Garden Tuesday night for the Knicks Game 2 win over the Pacers, and we all know Miller and director Spike Lee have a history. So while Miller was taping a TNT segment, Spike Lee video bombed him. Classic.
And in case you never saw the original moment…
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85