May 8, 2013, 7:22 PM EDT
A probe will be inserted into each knee, and will direct ultrasonic energy to eliminate scar tissue without damaging healthy tissue. The timetable for Gasol’s recovery will be announced one the procedure is complete.
There are many question marks in terms of how the Lakers’ roster will be constructed next season, and it’s unclear whether or not Gasol will be back with the team. L.A. may look to trade him for players who are a better fit for Mike D’Antoni’s system, or might even consider amnestying him, as crazy as that initially sounds.
A lot will depend on Dwight Howard, an unrestricted free agent who may or may not return to the Lakers.
Gasol missed a total of 33 games due to injury, and averaged 13.7 points, 8.6 rebounds and 4.1 assists in 33.8 minutes per game this season.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 40
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4