May 8, 2013, 7:22 PM EDT
A probe will be inserted into each knee, and will direct ultrasonic energy to eliminate scar tissue without damaging healthy tissue. The timetable for Gasol’s recovery will be announced one the procedure is complete.
There are many question marks in terms of how the Lakers’ roster will be constructed next season, and it’s unclear whether or not Gasol will be back with the team. L.A. may look to trade him for players who are a better fit for Mike D’Antoni’s system, or might even consider amnestying him, as crazy as that initially sounds.
A lot will depend on Dwight Howard, an unrestricted free agent who may or may not return to the Lakers.
Gasol missed a total of 33 games due to injury, and averaged 13.7 points, 8.6 rebounds and 4.1 assists in 33.8 minutes per game this season.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 51
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 67
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 40
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3