May 8, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
It’s not a spectacular play, but it was clutch.
Mike Conley was huge for the Grizzlies all night — 26 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists — but none bigger than that jump shot. The Thunder are going to make it tough to get the ball to Marc Gasol or Zach Randolph, especially late in games, there needs to be an outside to balance the inside. That was Conley.
Watch this play, Conley comes off the Gasol pick and slides along and a very capable defender in Serge Ibaka just sits back taking away the drive and basically daring him to take the jumper. So he did and nailed it. That put the Grizzlies up four and it became clear the Thunder were going to need a miracle that never came. Dagger.
Thanks to my man Matt Moore or Eye on Basketball for that video.
- Memphis’ defense, discipline propel them past Thunder in overtime lead series 2-1 0
- Hawks take a 2-1 series lead over top-seeded Pacers 11
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 44
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 49
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 11