May 8, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
It’s not a spectacular play, but it was clutch.
Mike Conley was huge for the Grizzlies all night — 26 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists — but none bigger than that jump shot. The Thunder are going to make it tough to get the ball to Marc Gasol or Zach Randolph, especially late in games, there needs to be an outside to balance the inside. That was Conley.
Watch this play, Conley comes off the Gasol pick and slides along and a very capable defender in Serge Ibaka just sits back taking away the drive and basically daring him to take the jumper. So he did and nailed it. That put the Grizzlies up four and it became clear the Thunder were going to need a miracle that never came. Dagger.
Thanks to my man Matt Moore or Eye on Basketball for that video.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6