May 8, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
It’s not a spectacular play, but it was clutch.
Mike Conley was huge for the Grizzlies all night — 26 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists — but none bigger than that jump shot. The Thunder are going to make it tough to get the ball to Marc Gasol or Zach Randolph, especially late in games, there needs to be an outside to balance the inside. That was Conley.
Watch this play, Conley comes off the Gasol pick and slides along and a very capable defender in Serge Ibaka just sits back taking away the drive and basically daring him to take the jumper. So he did and nailed it. That put the Grizzlies up four and it became clear the Thunder were going to need a miracle that never came. Dagger.
Thanks to my man Matt Moore or Eye on Basketball for that video.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49