May 8, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
It’s not a spectacular play, but it was clutch.
Mike Conley was huge for the Grizzlies all night — 26 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists — but none bigger than that jump shot. The Thunder are going to make it tough to get the ball to Marc Gasol or Zach Randolph, especially late in games, there needs to be an outside to balance the inside. That was Conley.
Watch this play, Conley comes off the Gasol pick and slides along and a very capable defender in Serge Ibaka just sits back taking away the drive and basically daring him to take the jumper. So he did and nailed it. That put the Grizzlies up four and it became clear the Thunder were going to need a miracle that never came. Dagger.
Thanks to my man Matt Moore or Eye on Basketball for that video.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 0
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 23
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 45
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 54
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23