May 8, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
It’s not a spectacular play, but it was clutch.
Mike Conley was huge for the Grizzlies all night — 26 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists — but none bigger than that jump shot. The Thunder are going to make it tough to get the ball to Marc Gasol or Zach Randolph, especially late in games, there needs to be an outside to balance the inside. That was Conley.
Watch this play, Conley comes off the Gasol pick and slides along and a very capable defender in Serge Ibaka just sits back taking away the drive and basically daring him to take the jumper. So he did and nailed it. That put the Grizzlies up four and it became clear the Thunder were going to need a miracle that never came. Dagger.
Thanks to my man Matt Moore or Eye on Basketball for that video.
- Report: Houston Rockets will not match Mavericks’ Chandler Parsons’ offer, he’s Dallas bound 3
- Dante Exum impresses in flashes during Summer League debut with Jazz 4
- Reports: Luol Deng agrees to two years, $20 million deal with Miami 45
- Cavaliers coach Blatt: Wiggins “not going anywhere” 78
- It’s official: Carmelo Anthony announces he will remain face of New York Knicks 35
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 70
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 51
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 60