May 8, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Let’s just start with that because silly Internet rumors are swirling: Derrick Rose will not play in Game 2 Wednesday night and media reports are Tom Thibodeau was “puzzled” and “amused” with the suggestion he might play Game 3. If you want to believe Rose will choose the first in-game test of his knee to come in the playoffs with LeBron James guarding him, you go right ahead.
Now we can move on to the real Bulls injury news.
As for Kirk Hinrich, the swelling in his calf is down and Thibodeau said, “we’ll see” about shootaround and the game. He is officially listed as doubtful.
The Bulls could use those two and any help they can get as you can expect a much more aggressive Heat team in Game 2 after the Bulls took Game 1. You can also expect to see a lot less of Ray Allen and his matador defense on the court in crunch time trying to shut down Nate Robinson.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6