May 8, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Let’s just start with that because silly Internet rumors are swirling: Derrick Rose will not play in Game 2 Wednesday night and media reports are Tom Thibodeau was “puzzled” and “amused” with the suggestion he might play Game 3. If you want to believe Rose will choose the first in-game test of his knee to come in the playoffs with LeBron James guarding him, you go right ahead.
Now we can move on to the real Bulls injury news.
As for Kirk Hinrich, the swelling in his calf is down and Thibodeau said, “we’ll see” about shootaround and the game. He is officially listed as doubtful.
The Bulls could use those two and any help they can get as you can expect a much more aggressive Heat team in Game 2 after the Bulls took Game 1. You can also expect to see a lot less of Ray Allen and his matador defense on the court in crunch time trying to shut down Nate Robinson.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 13
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16