May 8, 2013, 11:24 AM EST
Let’s just start with that because silly Internet rumors are swirling: Derrick Rose will not play in Game 2 Wednesday night and media reports are Tom Thibodeau was “puzzled” and “amused” with the suggestion he might play Game 3. If you want to believe Rose will choose the first in-game test of his knee to come in the playoffs with LeBron James guarding him, you go right ahead.
Now we can move on to the real Bulls injury news.
As for Kirk Hinrich, the swelling in his calf is down and Thibodeau said, “we’ll see” about shootaround and the game. He is officially listed as doubtful.
The Bulls could use those two and any help they can get as you can expect a much more aggressive Heat team in Game 2 after the Bulls took Game 1. You can also expect to see a lot less of Ray Allen and his matador defense on the court in crunch time trying to shut down Nate Robinson.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 6
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 11
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (38)