May 8, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Let’s just start with that because silly Internet rumors are swirling: Derrick Rose will not play in Game 2 Wednesday night and media reports are Tom Thibodeau was “puzzled” and “amused” with the suggestion he might play Game 3. If you want to believe Rose will choose the first in-game test of his knee to come in the playoffs with LeBron James guarding him, you go right ahead.
Now we can move on to the real Bulls injury news.
As for Kirk Hinrich, the swelling in his calf is down and Thibodeau said, “we’ll see” about shootaround and the game. He is officially listed as doubtful.
The Bulls could use those two and any help they can get as you can expect a much more aggressive Heat team in Game 2 after the Bulls took Game 1. You can also expect to see a lot less of Ray Allen and his matador defense on the court in crunch time trying to shut down Nate Robinson.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9