May 8, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Saying that the play during the first half of Game 2 between the Heat and the Bulls was a bit chippy would be a severe understatement.
Miami seemed to want to come out with more of a tough-guy persona after dropping Game 1, and the Bulls were more than happy to engage in a physical and testy battle, given their own reputation of not backing down from anyone no matter who is in the lineup.
Noah gets things started by needlessly wrapping up James after the play has already been whistled dead, and James escalates things by briefly losing his temper and shoving Noah with his right elbow to gain separation.
All in all, there were 28 personal fouls, five technical fouls, and a flagrant foul called in the game’s first 24 minutes. The Heat were comfortably in control at halftime with a lead of 55-41, thanks to 19 first half points from James.
[via Larry Brown Sports]
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19