May 8, 2013, 2:05 AM EST
But Durant got to show off his improved handles, closing the third quarter with this sweet crossover move then and-1 throwdown. Durant really improved that part of his game this year, and that has been put to the test since Westbrook went down.
The Grizzlies have gone to a “anyone but Durant” can shoot defensive strategy. He still gets his points, but he has to work a lot harder to do it (and cut off the passing lanes to others.
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 49
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 13
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5