May 8, 2013, 2:05 AM EST
But Durant got to show off his improved handles, closing the third quarter with this sweet crossover move then and-1 throwdown. Durant really improved that part of his game this year, and that has been put to the test since Westbrook went down.
The Grizzlies have gone to a “anyone but Durant” can shoot defensive strategy. He still gets his points, but he has to work a lot harder to do it (and cut off the passing lanes to others.
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 20
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 1
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 15
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Life is good in the Golden State 12
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 5
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 11
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 12
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 20