May 8, 2013, 2:05 AM EDT
But Durant got to show off his improved handles, closing the third quarter with this sweet crossover move then and-1 throwdown. Durant really improved that part of his game this year, and that has been put to the test since Westbrook went down.
The Grizzlies have gone to a “anyone but Durant” can shoot defensive strategy. He still gets his points, but he has to work a lot harder to do it (and cut off the passing lanes to others.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 1
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 25
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19