We loved everything about Warriors/Spurs… except screaming lady

May 7, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT

You heard her, right?

How could you not. One of TNT’s microphones picking up the ambient crowd noise in San Antonio Monday night was near the person who became known on twitter as “screaming lady.” We have no idea who she actually is — and we’re assuming it’s a she and not a guy or a child, but we don’t know — with a piercing high-pitched scream.

She was like the annoying soundtrack to the Spurs dramatic comeback and double-overtime win in Game 1. It was distracting. And annoying.

NBA twitter must follow @netw3rk summed it up best.

TNT, please move that mic before Game 2. That or we need a really dull game.

Thanks to Lang at All Ball for finding the right video.

1. bleedburgandyandgold - May 7, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Sounded like a seagull on its death bed lol

• biasedhomer - May 7, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Couldn’t be more accurate.

2. Mr. Wright 212 - May 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I had people asking me if I heard her also. How could you NOT?

3. unxpexted1 - May 7, 2013 at 3:28 PM

This is when having HD quality cameras is not a good thing.

• kylos13 - May 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM

What do the camera’s have to do with anything?

4. kjereld615 - May 7, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Man if you all think we had it rough by just simply hearing it through our TV’s then I can only imagine how those who were actually around her felt. It felt like at any moment some classic thriller music was going to come on with how loud she was screaming.

5. andrewproughcfe - May 7, 2013 at 4:22 PM

@Kurt – you know a lot about basketball, I’ll give you that, but you’ve got a lot to learn about the city of San Antonio.

I would be surprised NOT to hear that kind of screaming at a Spurs double-overtime playoff game. Those folks love that team with an intense passion – they are the pride of the entire city. When the Spurs win championships, the entire city shuts down and everyone runs outside to cry and scream and hug their neighbors.

People from San Antonio care as much about the Spurs as they do their own family. Would you be screaming your brains out if your kid hit the game-winning double overtime playoff 3-pointer? I’ll bet you would.

Fortunately – due to David Robinson being such a rock of the community and Duncan continuing his legacy – the Spurs teams have had the kind of upstanding, family values kinds of guys that you really could cheer for like you would cheer for your own family. Robinson stayed in San Antonio, and has touched nearly everyone’s lives through his charitable acts. Duncan stayed in San Antonio when he could have left for the big money. Every one of them gives countless hours to charities and local causes. You see them at church, you see them at your kids’ youth camps and youth leagues. Those players really ARE a part of the San Antonio family.

• Kurt Helin - May 7, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I’m not saying that Spurs fans are not passionate and committed, I’m saying that woman’s scream in particular was more of a shriek and was annoying.

• andrewproughcfe - May 7, 2013 at 8:49 PM

And I’m saying that it probably doesn’t matter where you put the microphone in that arena. If Parker or Green or Leonard or Ginobili are hitting huge, buzzer beating shots at the end of a playoff game, you’re going to hear some annoying, high-pitched shrieking. From men and women.

It’s a different kind of passion in San Antonio. Like I say – it’s family. There’s no other way to describe it.

• thestudiokida - May 7, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I guess your passion blinded you to what the subject of this article. I was annoyed too. I’m assuming she was behind the commentators; somebody should have told her to calm down or scream in a different direction.

6. ihavenonickname - May 7, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Yup, I heard it. Blamed my buddy who was at the game for it.

7. rickyspanish - May 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Come on Kurt, let it go. That lady was great, I was laughing every time I heard that whackadoo shrieking, it was hilarious.

8. deeballer - May 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Holy cow! I can’t believe there actually is someone that can scream that much at a game. I wanted to commit suicide watching the replay of that game, but the game was so good I had to put up with her to see the ending.

9. logisticalvoices - May 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I could hear her all the way at the Heat-Bulls game.

10. mazblast - May 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Jeez, would it have been so hard to just turn off that one microphone?

11. thestudiokida - May 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Here’s something else I didn’t like. (A filthy crotch grope caught on TNT)

12. evanmacomber - May 7, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Why the problem with the lady?
    It actually added to the energy!

13. stayhigh_247 - May 7, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I thought it was just me, she sounded crazy. She made me lump all Spurs fans on her crazy train. Somebody shoulda told her to put a sock in it..

Lakers, Celtics among lottery bound teams
Top 10 NBA Player Searches