May 7, 2013, 4:35 PM EDT
“At this point we can only say the investigation is ongoing,” said David Pubins, Scottsdale police spokesman. “We are interviewing those involved and processing any physical evidence we may have to try and determine if criminal charges are appropriate.”
There have been no charges filed and we do not know the details of what he is accused of doing. So don’t jump to conclusions here.
But it seems at least another bump in an already rocky NBA career for the former No. 2 overall pick in 2008. He has never matured into the scorer scouts thought he could be. Matured being the key word.
Beasley has two years remaining on the three-year, $18 million contract he got from current team president Lon Babby and fired GM Lance Banks. Now this falls in the lap of new GM Ryan McDonough – welcome to the job. The Beasley signing was one of the truly big misses of last free agency — with Steve Nash gone the Suns wanted someone to take over the role as leading scorer during as the team was rebuilt. Beasley was given every chance to grab that role but averaged a career low 10.1 points a game, didn’t seem to grasp how bad he was, and was eventually benched. After that he said he was basically done listening to people around the team for advice.
Beasley also was picked up by police last January for speeding in a car without a license plate while he had a suspended license. The team did not discipline him at that time.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 17
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 32
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 26
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12