May 7, 2013, 4:35 PM EDT
“At this point we can only say the investigation is ongoing,” said David Pubins, Scottsdale police spokesman. “We are interviewing those involved and processing any physical evidence we may have to try and determine if criminal charges are appropriate.”
There have been no charges filed and we do not know the details of what he is accused of doing. So don’t jump to conclusions here.
But it seems at least another bump in an already rocky NBA career for the former No. 2 overall pick in 2008. He has never matured into the scorer scouts thought he could be. Matured being the key word.
Beasley has two years remaining on the three-year, $18 million contract he got from current team president Lon Babby and fired GM Lance Banks. Now this falls in the lap of new GM Ryan McDonough – welcome to the job. The Beasley signing was one of the truly big misses of last free agency — with Steve Nash gone the Suns wanted someone to take over the role as leading scorer during as the team was rebuilt. Beasley was given every chance to grab that role but averaged a career low 10.1 points a game, didn’t seem to grasp how bad he was, and was eventually benched. After that he said he was basically done listening to people around the team for advice.
Beasley also was picked up by police last January for speeding in a car without a license plate while he had a suspended license. The team did not discipline him at that time.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 0
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24