May 7, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
You know as you read this Gregg Popovich is scheming up a way to slow down Stephen Curry.
George Karl tried last round with limited success — Curry is the best shooter in the game and as defenses are tightening on the Warriors he is taking on a larger role . He is tearing apart good teams right. This is the 22 points (plus assists) Curry dished out in the third quarter against the Spurs. The Spurs. This isn’t the Bucks he’s torching. Curry finished with 44 points and 11 assists, but it just wasn’t enough.
I imagine Curry is going to have a tougher time finding space in Game 2. I also imagine at some points it’s not going to matter what the Spurs do.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 76
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20