May 7, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
You know as you read this Gregg Popovich is scheming up a way to slow down Stephen Curry.
George Karl tried last round with limited success — Curry is the best shooter in the game and as defenses are tightening on the Warriors he is taking on a larger role . He is tearing apart good teams right. This is the 22 points (plus assists) Curry dished out in the third quarter against the Spurs. The Spurs. This isn’t the Bucks he’s torching. Curry finished with 44 points and 11 assists, but it just wasn’t enough.
I imagine Curry is going to have a tougher time finding space in Game 2. I also imagine at some points it’s not going to matter what the Spurs do.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 19
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 17
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80