May 7, 2013, 6:19 PM EST
After a year off to get healthy, does Larry Bird want to get back in the team president game?
Bird left the Pacers as team president last year on good terms, wanting to rest an injured shoulder.
But if Bird wants to come back, the 72-year-old Walsh told the New York Post he’d step aside.
Walsh, the 72-year-old former Knicks president, told The Post Sunday he recently asked Bird if he wants to come back and he’d be willing to step aside. Walsh still hasn’t heard an answer from Bird….
Walsh said yesterday he would return if Bird doesn’t and owner Herb Simon wants him to. “I like this but I don’t need to do it,’’ Walsh said.
Walsh and GM Kevin Pritchard will run the draft for the team, but after that don’t be shocked if Bird returns. Which is a good thing, he’s a savvy exec who helped build the roster the Pacers have now.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13