May 7, 2013, 6:19 PM EDT
After a year off to get healthy, does Larry Bird want to get back in the team president game?
Bird left the Pacers as team president last year on good terms, wanting to rest an injured shoulder.
But if Bird wants to come back, the 72-year-old Walsh told the New York Post he’d step aside.
Walsh, the 72-year-old former Knicks president, told The Post Sunday he recently asked Bird if he wants to come back and he’d be willing to step aside. Walsh still hasn’t heard an answer from Bird….
Walsh said yesterday he would return if Bird doesn’t and owner Herb Simon wants him to. “I like this but I don’t need to do it,’’ Walsh said.
Walsh and GM Kevin Pritchard will run the draft for the team, but after that don’t be shocked if Bird returns. Which is a good thing, he’s a savvy exec who helped build the roster the Pacers have now.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6