May 7, 2013, 6:19 PM EDT
After a year off to get healthy, does Larry Bird want to get back in the team president game?
Bird left the Pacers as team president last year on good terms, wanting to rest an injured shoulder.
But if Bird wants to come back, the 72-year-old Walsh told the New York Post he’d step aside.
Walsh, the 72-year-old former Knicks president, told The Post Sunday he recently asked Bird if he wants to come back and he’d be willing to step aside. Walsh still hasn’t heard an answer from Bird….
Walsh said yesterday he would return if Bird doesn’t and owner Herb Simon wants him to. “I like this but I don’t need to do it,’’ Walsh said.
Walsh and GM Kevin Pritchard will run the draft for the team, but after that don’t be shocked if Bird returns. Which is a good thing, he’s a savvy exec who helped build the roster the Pacers have now.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4