May 7, 2013, 12:49 PM EST
Jason Collins made big news as the first active NBA player to come out of the closet as a gay man.
But if you think he’s the first gay NBA player — or the first gay player that most NBA players have had on their team at some level — you are naive.
Charles Barkley owned up to that on the Dan Patrick Show Tuesday and said it’s no big deal. He sounds like the majority of NBA players I have heard from on this issue, they just want to know if he can play.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)