May 7, 2013, 12:49 PM EST
Jason Collins made big news as the first active NBA player to come out of the closet as a gay man.
But if you think he’s the first gay NBA player — or the first gay player that most NBA players have had on their team at some level — you are naive.
Charles Barkley owned up to that on the Dan Patrick Show Tuesday and said it’s no big deal. He sounds like the majority of NBA players I have heard from on this issue, they just want to know if he can play.
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 22
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 19
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23