May 6, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
Kevin Durant is cold blooded.
With the game on the line Durant was the best player on the floor and led the dramatic comeback that gave Oklahoma City Game 1 of the best of seven series against Memphis. Then he sank the game winner. What you see above is Durant’s winning shot in slow-motion, thanks to the fine folks at NBA.com.
What I love about this play is that Scott Brooks doesn’t call a timeout, he lets his best player create on the floor, and by Durant pushing the ball up in transition the very good Memphis defense never gets set. Sometimes you can overcoach, Brooks didn’t there and it worked.
- Hawks take a 2-1 series lead over top-seeded Pacers 0
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 44
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 48
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 10
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 26