May 6, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
Kevin Durant is cold blooded.
With the game on the line Durant was the best player on the floor and led the dramatic comeback that gave Oklahoma City Game 1 of the best of seven series against Memphis. Then he sank the game winner. What you see above is Durant’s winning shot in slow-motion, thanks to the fine folks at NBA.com.
What I love about this play is that Scott Brooks doesn’t call a timeout, he lets his best player create on the floor, and by Durant pushing the ball up in transition the very good Memphis defense never gets set. Sometimes you can overcoach, Brooks didn’t there and it worked.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29