May 6, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
Kevin Durant is cold blooded.
With the game on the line Durant was the best player on the floor and led the dramatic comeback that gave Oklahoma City Game 1 of the best of seven series against Memphis. Then he sank the game winner. What you see above is Durant’s winning shot in slow-motion, thanks to the fine folks at NBA.com.
What I love about this play is that Scott Brooks doesn’t call a timeout, he lets his best player create on the floor, and by Durant pushing the ball up in transition the very good Memphis defense never gets set. Sometimes you can overcoach, Brooks didn’t there and it worked.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 30
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8