May 6, 2013, 2:11 AM EST
Kevin Durant is cold blooded.
With the game on the line Durant was the best player on the floor and led the dramatic comeback that gave Oklahoma City Game 1 of the best of seven series against Memphis. Then he sank the game winner. What you see above is Durant’s winning shot in slow-motion, thanks to the fine folks at NBA.com.
What I love about this play is that Scott Brooks doesn’t call a timeout, he lets his best player create on the floor, and by Durant pushing the ball up in transition the very good Memphis defense never gets set. Sometimes you can overcoach, Brooks didn’t there and it worked.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 16
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 30
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 41