May 6, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
Kevin Durant is cold blooded.
With the game on the line Durant was the best player on the floor and led the dramatic comeback that gave Oklahoma City Game 1 of the best of seven series against Memphis. Then he sank the game winner. What you see above is Durant’s winning shot in slow-motion, thanks to the fine folks at NBA.com.
What I love about this play is that Scott Brooks doesn’t call a timeout, he lets his best player create on the floor, and by Durant pushing the ball up in transition the very good Memphis defense never gets set. Sometimes you can overcoach, Brooks didn’t there and it worked.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 0
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 17
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6