May 6, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
P.J. Carlesimo was up front with Dan Patrick — if the Nets had beaten the Bulls in Game 7 it would not have changed his fate, just the timing. The Nets were going to let P.J. Carlesimo go at the end of this season either way. They want to go a new direction.
The Nets, under Avery Johnson then Carlesimo, were predictable. They lacked much variety in their offense and given time in the film room to pick them apart Thibodeau did. Since they are largely locked into this roster — it’s going to be difficult to make a good trade unless someone wants the Gerald Wallace or Joe Johnson contracts — switching coaching styles is key. They need to get more out of what they have.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37