May 6, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
P.J. Carlesimo was up front with Dan Patrick — if the Nets had beaten the Bulls in Game 7 it would not have changed his fate, just the timing. The Nets were going to let P.J. Carlesimo go at the end of this season either way. They want to go a new direction.
The Nets, under Avery Johnson then Carlesimo, were predictable. They lacked much variety in their offense and given time in the film room to pick them apart Thibodeau did. Since they are largely locked into this roster — it’s going to be difficult to make a good trade unless someone wants the Gerald Wallace or Joe Johnson contracts — switching coaching styles is key. They need to get more out of what they have.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 14
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 10
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25