May 6, 2013, 7:02 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Mario Batali loves orange clogs.
• The Cavaliers need to improve their defense next season — 26th in the NBA in points allowed per possession — and that has to include some roster changes. So they are already looking to target free agent Tony Allen of the Grizzlies. They are not alone. After these playoffs Allen is going to get a nice payday.
• Andray Blatche will be a free agent this summer after his best season as a pro. He hinted where he signs may be tied to playing time. I say the answer is who pays him the most.
• The Clippers are not going to rush any decision about Vinny Del Negro as coach. But I think we all know how this movie ends. And before you tell me how he turned the Clippers around, look at their record before Chris Paul arrived.
• The Grizzlies turned to Instragram to poke a little fun at Blake Griffin after the Clippers were eliminated from the playoffs.
• Apparently the Suns search for a GM is down to two: Bucks assistant GM Jeff Weltman and Celtics assistant GM Ryan McDonough.
• This is already on my reading list and it’s not even written yet — Jonathan Abrams of Grantland (and the New York Times before that) has gotten a book deal to write “Boys Among Men: How a Generation of High Schoolers Chasing Their NBA Dreams Changed the Game and Themselves.” It’s the story of the guys who jumped from high school straight to the NBA, starting with Moses Malone. (Great trivia question, who was the last guy to do it? Amir Johnson.)
• Vegas, baby. I am pumped as always for Summer League in Las Vegas, starting July 12. I will be at the Cox/Thomas & Mack center ready for the rookies.
• The Bucks John Henson will be in Vegas for Summer League, too.
• Nets GM Billy King says the team may sign swingman Bojan Bogdanovic out of the Europe for next season. That should solve everything.
• Speaking of Euro signings, don’t be shocked if the Rockets ink Turkish forward Furkan Aldemir for next season.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:55 PM EST
Irving has missed two straight games with a shoulder strain.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:10 PM EST
Shaw was an assistant coach in Indiana before landing the head coaching spot in Denver.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:25 PM EST
Good news for OKC.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:38 PM EST
Nuggets are 20-39 this season.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
Barnes isn’t wrong that the punishment for him doing something like this would have been much more severe.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
Clippers have a reputation with the referees, which likely was why Redick was tossed for seemingly innocuous comments.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:10 AM EST
Mar 3, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
KG played for Doc Rivers on the Celtics’ 2008 title team, but wasn’t willing to take any grief from his son.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:50 AM EST
Warriors had plenty of fans show up in Brooklyn.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:10 AM EST
Suns-Heat was all kinds of physical.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
That had 10 times the punches of an NBA “fight.”
Mar 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Ricky Rubio got the triple-double, CP3 will take the win.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:55 AM EST
Goran Dragic would have sat out with back pain against anyone else, but he dropped 21 on the Suns.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:14 AM EST
Zach LaVine can get up. But you already knew that.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:01 AM EST
The Warriors fell to 46-12.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
Griffin has missed the Clippers’ last 10 games.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Whiteside grabbed Len by the legs.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
Hamilton had no chance.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:00 PM EST
Yes, you read that right.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:15 PM EST
Teletovic is also out for the season.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 9
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 17
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36