May 6, 2013, 7:02 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Mario Batali loves orange clogs.
• The Cavaliers need to improve their defense next season — 26th in the NBA in points allowed per possession — and that has to include some roster changes. So they are already looking to target free agent Tony Allen of the Grizzlies. They are not alone. After these playoffs Allen is going to get a nice payday.
• Andray Blatche will be a free agent this summer after his best season as a pro. He hinted where he signs may be tied to playing time. I say the answer is who pays him the most.
• The Clippers are not going to rush any decision about Vinny Del Negro as coach. But I think we all know how this movie ends. And before you tell me how he turned the Clippers around, look at their record before Chris Paul arrived.
• The Grizzlies turned to Instragram to poke a little fun at Blake Griffin after the Clippers were eliminated from the playoffs.
• Apparently the Suns search for a GM is down to two: Bucks assistant GM Jeff Weltman and Celtics assistant GM Ryan McDonough.
• This is already on my reading list and it’s not even written yet — Jonathan Abrams of Grantland (and the New York Times before that) has gotten a book deal to write “Boys Among Men: How a Generation of High Schoolers Chasing Their NBA Dreams Changed the Game and Themselves.” It’s the story of the guys who jumped from high school straight to the NBA, starting with Moses Malone. (Great trivia question, who was the last guy to do it? Amir Johnson.)
• Vegas, baby. I am pumped as always for Summer League in Las Vegas, starting July 12. I will be at the Cox/Thomas & Mack center ready for the rookies.
• The Bucks John Henson will be in Vegas for Summer League, too.
• Nets GM Billy King says the team may sign swingman Bojan Bogdanovic out of the Europe for next season. That should solve everything.
• Speaking of Euro signings, don’t be shocked if the Rockets ink Turkish forward Furkan Aldemir for next season.
Dec 18, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
I can’t wait until the Western Conference playoffs.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:46 PM EST
He walked off under his own power but did not return.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
Rockets, Kings and Knicks also reportedly inquiring about Celtics point guard
Dec 17, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
In related news, Hornets got a ton of public funding to upgrade arena
Dec 17, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Rapper dubs Kyle Lowry ‘baby-faced assassin’
Dec 17, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Trail Blazers guard would be a perfect fit in Cleveland
Dec 17, 2014, 7:39 PM EST
The offers are not going to be big, will Stan Van Gundy eventually give in and take one?
Dec 17, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
He is more likely to be moved than Rondo.
Dec 17, 2014, 5:31 PM EST
There are no good answers for the Bucks, or for other rookies to reward.
Dec 17, 2014, 5:06 PM EST
More serious talks doesn’t mean a deal is near.
Dec 17, 2014, 4:03 PM EST
The Kings roster is poorly suited right now for the style the owner wants to play.
Dec 17, 2014, 3:12 PM EST
Blazers fans will get to see more Chris Kaman.
Dec 17, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Portland also reportedly tried to trade for Monroe before he signed the one-year qualifying offer to stay in Detroit.
Dec 17, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
Former Baylor University center was expected to be drafted, but was diagnosed with a disease that prematurely ended his chances of playing in the NBA.
Dec 17, 2014, 1:10 PM EST
Wade has a reputation of being a flopper, and appeared to exaggerate the contact from the official.
Dec 17, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
He pities ‘Melo because a real competitor is suffering through a lot of losing.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Love is suffering from the dreaded flu-like symptoms.
Warriors’ Andre Iguodala hilariously mocks referee for not calling a blatant travel, picks up technical foul (VIDEO)
Dec 17, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
Iggy does the Travel Dance.
Dec 17, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Peja was a three-time All-Star, and a member of the only good team Sacramento has had in its franchise history.
Dec 17, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
Durant joins Paul George as players who renounce the nonsensical report that emerged earlier in the season.
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 0
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22