Marco Belinelli fined $15K for ‘obscene gesture’ made in celebration during Game 7 win over Nets (VIDEO)
May 6, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
Marco Belinelli has been fined $15,000 for “making an obscene gesture” during the Bulls’ Game 7 win over the Nets, the league announced on Monday via official release.
The offending incident occurred with 4:52 left in the game, and can be seen in the video clip above.
For those newer fans of the game, Belinelli was recreating the “big balls” celebration that Sam Cassell made famous during his playing days. The league began to frown upon the expression at least as far back as 2011, when Eddie House was fined $25,000 for breaking it out while playing for the Miami Heat.
What would be nice is if the fines for flopping — you know, something that can negatively affect the actual game itself — were just as steep.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 0
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 5
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 58
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 64
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 40
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8