Marco Belinelli fined $15K for ‘obscene gesture’ made in celebration during Game 7 win over Nets (VIDEO)
May 6, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
Marco Belinelli has been fined $15,000 for “making an obscene gesture” during the Bulls’ Game 7 win over the Nets, the league announced on Monday via official release.
The offending incident occurred with 4:52 left in the game, and can be seen in the video clip above.
For those newer fans of the game, Belinelli was recreating the “big balls” celebration that Sam Cassell made famous during his playing days. The league began to frown upon the expression at least as far back as 2011, when Eddie House was fined $25,000 for breaking it out while playing for the Miami Heat.
What would be nice is if the fines for flopping — you know, something that can negatively affect the actual game itself — were just as steep.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9