Marco Belinelli fined $15K for ‘obscene gesture’ made in celebration during Game 7 win over Nets (VIDEO)
May 6, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
Marco Belinelli has been fined $15,000 for “making an obscene gesture” during the Bulls’ Game 7 win over the Nets, the league announced on Monday via official release.
The offending incident occurred with 4:52 left in the game, and can be seen in the video clip above.
For those newer fans of the game, Belinelli was recreating the “big balls” celebration that Sam Cassell made famous during his playing days. The league began to frown upon the expression at least as far back as 2011, when Eddie House was fined $25,000 for breaking it out while playing for the Miami Heat.
What would be nice is if the fines for flopping — you know, something that can negatively affect the actual game itself — were just as steep.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 6
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6