Marco Belinelli fined $15K for ‘obscene gesture’ made in celebration during Game 7 win over Nets (VIDEO)
May 6, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
Marco Belinelli has been fined $15,000 for “making an obscene gesture” during the Bulls’ Game 7 win over the Nets, the league announced on Monday via official release.
The offending incident occurred with 4:52 left in the game, and can be seen in the video clip above.
For those newer fans of the game, Belinelli was recreating the “big balls” celebration that Sam Cassell made famous during his playing days. The league began to frown upon the expression at least as far back as 2011, when Eddie House was fined $25,000 for breaking it out while playing for the Miami Heat.
What would be nice is if the fines for flopping — you know, something that can negatively affect the actual game itself — were just as steep.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 0
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 45
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13