Marco Belinelli fined $15K for ‘obscene gesture’ made in celebration during Game 7 win over Nets (VIDEO)
May 6, 2013, 5:34 PM EST
Marco Belinelli has been fined $15,000 for “making an obscene gesture” during the Bulls’ Game 7 win over the Nets, the league announced on Monday via official release.
The offending incident occurred with 4:52 left in the game, and can be seen in the video clip above.
For those newer fans of the game, Belinelli was recreating the “big balls” celebration that Sam Cassell made famous during his playing days. The league began to frown upon the expression at least as far back as 2011, when Eddie House was fined $25,000 for breaking it out while playing for the Miami Heat.
What would be nice is if the fines for flopping — you know, something that can negatively affect the actual game itself — were just as steep.
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 3
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 23
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10