May 6, 2013, 11:13 PM EDT
I can imagine the alarms going off at the nurses station at a Chicago hospital
“What is going on with Luol Deng, his blood pressure is going through the roof?”
“Oh, he’s just watching the Bulls game.”
Deng tweeted out where he watched the Bulls Game 1 win from.
He attached the picture you see to the right.
Deng had a spinal tap to test for meningitis, and there has been complications since then. He has been in and out of the hospital since then and did not make the trip with the team to Miami. It’s unclear when or if he will be back this series — but they could certainly use him, the Bulls were +19 points per 48 minutes against the Heat this season when he played.
Most importantly, he just needs to get well. But if that happens and he returns this series gets more interesting — and it is already pretty darn interesting after one game.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49