May 6, 2013, 11:13 PM EST
I can imagine the alarms going off at the nurses station at a Chicago hospital
“What is going on with Luol Deng, his blood pressure is going through the roof?”
“Oh, he’s just watching the Bulls game.”
Deng tweeted out where he watched the Bulls Game 1 win from.
He attached the picture you see to the right.
Deng had a spinal tap to test for meningitis, and there has been complications since then. He has been in and out of the hospital since then and did not make the trip with the team to Miami. It’s unclear when or if he will be back this series — but they could certainly use him, the Bulls were +19 points per 48 minutes against the Heat this season when he played.
Most importantly, he just needs to get well. But if that happens and he returns this series gets more interesting — and it is already pretty darn interesting after one game.
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 0
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 10
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10