May 6, 2013, 11:13 PM EDT
I can imagine the alarms going off at the nurses station at a Chicago hospital
“What is going on with Luol Deng, his blood pressure is going through the roof?”
“Oh, he’s just watching the Bulls game.”
Deng tweeted out where he watched the Bulls Game 1 win from.
He attached the picture you see to the right.
Deng had a spinal tap to test for meningitis, and there has been complications since then. He has been in and out of the hospital since then and did not make the trip with the team to Miami. It’s unclear when or if he will be back this series — but they could certainly use him, the Bulls were +19 points per 48 minutes against the Heat this season when he played.
Most importantly, he just needs to get well. But if that happens and he returns this series gets more interesting — and it is already pretty darn interesting after one game.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 4
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7