May 6, 2013, 11:13 PM EDT
I can imagine the alarms going off at the nurses station at a Chicago hospital
“What is going on with Luol Deng, his blood pressure is going through the roof?”
“Oh, he’s just watching the Bulls game.”
Deng tweeted out where he watched the Bulls Game 1 win from.
He attached the picture you see to the right.
Deng had a spinal tap to test for meningitis, and there has been complications since then. He has been in and out of the hospital since then and did not make the trip with the team to Miami. It’s unclear when or if he will be back this series — but they could certainly use him, the Bulls were +19 points per 48 minutes against the Heat this season when he played.
Most importantly, he just needs to get well. But if that happens and he returns this series gets more interesting — and it is already pretty darn interesting after one game.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24