May 6, 2013, 11:13 PM EST
I can imagine the alarms going off at the nurses station at a Chicago hospital
“What is going on with Luol Deng, his blood pressure is going through the roof?”
“Oh, he’s just watching the Bulls game.”
Deng tweeted out where he watched the Bulls Game 1 win from.
He attached the picture you see to the right.
Deng had a spinal tap to test for meningitis, and there has been complications since then. He has been in and out of the hospital since then and did not make the trip with the team to Miami. It’s unclear when or if he will be back this series — but they could certainly use him, the Bulls were +19 points per 48 minutes against the Heat this season when he played.
Most importantly, he just needs to get well. But if that happens and he returns this series gets more interesting — and it is already pretty darn interesting after one game.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 2
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1