May 6, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
Nike Basketball has celebrated LeBron James winning his fourth career Most Valuable Player award by hooking him up with a special and very colorful MVP edition of his signature shoe, the LeBron X.
From the official release:
“The vibrant LEBRON X MVP shoe fuses the unique colorways and designs of each style in the LEBRON X series, which James debuted in August 2012. The design details, including MVP on the shoe tongue, weave the story of James’s incredible journey over the past year. It’s a path that has seen him striving for excellence by perfecting his shooting efficiency, assists and rebounds to cut through defense effectively as an individual and as a team. Along the way, James has traveled from the courts of London to the hardwood arena of Miami, achieving victory in an extraordinary 27-game winning streak.”
The idea of combining pieces of every colorway and pattern of a given athlete’s signature line isn’t a new one for Nike; they’ve done it in recent years with models like this one that go by the name “What the LeBron.” The execution on these ones appears to be among the best yet.
Check out the photos below and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 8
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34