May 6, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
Nike Basketball has celebrated LeBron James winning his fourth career Most Valuable Player award by hooking him up with a special and very colorful MVP edition of his signature shoe, the LeBron X.
From the official release:
“The vibrant LEBRON X MVP shoe fuses the unique colorways and designs of each style in the LEBRON X series, which James debuted in August 2012. The design details, including MVP on the shoe tongue, weave the story of James’s incredible journey over the past year. It’s a path that has seen him striving for excellence by perfecting his shooting efficiency, assists and rebounds to cut through defense effectively as an individual and as a team. Along the way, James has traveled from the courts of London to the hardwood arena of Miami, achieving victory in an extraordinary 27-game winning streak.”
The idea of combining pieces of every colorway and pattern of a given athlete’s signature line isn’t a new one for Nike; they’ve done it in recent years with models like this one that go by the name “What the LeBron.” The execution on these ones appears to be among the best yet.
Check out the photos below and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 32
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 19
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14