May 6, 2013, 7:12 PM EST
Nike Basketball has celebrated LeBron James winning his fourth career Most Valuable Player award by hooking him up with a special and very colorful MVP edition of his signature shoe, the LeBron X.
From the official release:
“The vibrant LEBRON X MVP shoe fuses the unique colorways and designs of each style in the LEBRON X series, which James debuted in August 2012. The design details, including MVP on the shoe tongue, weave the story of James’s incredible journey over the past year. It’s a path that has seen him striving for excellence by perfecting his shooting efficiency, assists and rebounds to cut through defense effectively as an individual and as a team. Along the way, James has traveled from the courts of London to the hardwood arena of Miami, achieving victory in an extraordinary 27-game winning streak.”
The idea of combining pieces of every colorway and pattern of a given athlete’s signature line isn’t a new one for Nike; they’ve done it in recent years with models like this one that go by the name “What the LeBron.” The execution on these ones appears to be among the best yet.
Check out the photos below and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0