May 5, 2013, 10:50 PM EST
This season when the Bulls played the Heat and Luol Deng was on the court, the Bulls outscored the Heat by 19.5 points per 48 minutes. When he was on the bench, the Heat outscored the Bulls by 1.5 per 48.
You don’t want to read too much into regular season meetings come the playoffs but this much is clear — Deng is key to the Bulls chances in a series where they have no margin for error.
And Deng will be out for Game 1 following complications with his spinal tap, reports Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com.
Being back in the hospital on Sunday morning does bode well for him playing Monday night.
The Bulls remain incredibly banged up. Kirk Hinrich’s calf is still an issue and if he plays he is not going to be 100 percent (officially his is listed as questionable). Joakim Noah’s plantar fasciitis is only going to get better with extended rest. Derrick Rose is not walking through that door.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9