May 5, 2013, 10:50 PM EST
This season when the Bulls played the Heat and Luol Deng was on the court, the Bulls outscored the Heat by 19.5 points per 48 minutes. When he was on the bench, the Heat outscored the Bulls by 1.5 per 48.
You don’t want to read too much into regular season meetings come the playoffs but this much is clear — Deng is key to the Bulls chances in a series where they have no margin for error.
And Deng will be out for Game 1 following complications with his spinal tap, reports Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com.
Being back in the hospital on Sunday morning does bode well for him playing Monday night.
The Bulls remain incredibly banged up. Kirk Hinrich’s calf is still an issue and if he plays he is not going to be 100 percent (officially his is listed as questionable). Joakim Noah’s plantar fasciitis is only going to get better with extended rest. Derrick Rose is not walking through that door.
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 2
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 19
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7