May 4, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
Deng missed Game 6 with what was originally thought to be a severe case of the flu, but it turned out he was dealing with something far more serious. He was required to undergo a spinal tap on Thursday, and has been in and out of the hospital ever since.
“It really upsets me that everyone thinks I would miss a game bc of the flu. I’ve played a lot of games w the flu in my career,” Deng posted to his Twitter account on Friday.
The Bulls are hopeful that Kirk Hinrich can go after missing Game 6. He remains a game time decision with a bruised calf.
Deng was one of the Bulls most reliable and important players all year long. He was selected to the All-Star team as a reserve by the coaches in the Eastern Conference, and averaged 16.5 points, 6.3 rebounds, and three assists in 38.7 minutes per game this season.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 47
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6