May 4, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
Deng missed Game 6 with what was originally thought to be a severe case of the flu, but it turned out he was dealing with something far more serious. He was required to undergo a spinal tap on Thursday, and has been in and out of the hospital ever since.
“It really upsets me that everyone thinks I would miss a game bc of the flu. I’ve played a lot of games w the flu in my career,” Deng posted to his Twitter account on Friday.
The Bulls are hopeful that Kirk Hinrich can go after missing Game 6. He remains a game time decision with a bruised calf.
Deng was one of the Bulls most reliable and important players all year long. He was selected to the All-Star team as a reserve by the coaches in the Eastern Conference, and averaged 16.5 points, 6.3 rebounds, and three assists in 38.7 minutes per game this season.
- PBT Extra: What does Kevin Love’s injury mean for his summer plans? 0
- Report: Lakers interested in signing Rajon Rondo as a free agent ‘only at a certain low price’ 18
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 30
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 26
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 8
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25