May 4, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
Deng missed Game 6 with what was originally thought to be a severe case of the flu, but it turned out he was dealing with something far more serious. He was required to undergo a spinal tap on Thursday, and has been in and out of the hospital ever since.
“It really upsets me that everyone thinks I would miss a game bc of the flu. I’ve played a lot of games w the flu in my career,” Deng posted to his Twitter account on Friday.
The Bulls are hopeful that Kirk Hinrich can go after missing Game 6. He remains a game time decision with a bruised calf.
Deng was one of the Bulls most reliable and important players all year long. He was selected to the All-Star team as a reserve by the coaches in the Eastern Conference, and averaged 16.5 points, 6.3 rebounds, and three assists in 38.7 minutes per game this season.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13