May 4, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Deng missed Game 6 with what was originally thought to be a severe case of the flu, but it turned out he was dealing with something far more serious. He was required to undergo a spinal tap on Thursday, and has been in and out of the hospital ever since.
“It really upsets me that everyone thinks I would miss a game bc of the flu. I’ve played a lot of games w the flu in my career,” Deng posted to his Twitter account on Friday.
The Bulls are hopeful that Kirk Hinrich can go after missing Game 6. He remains a game time decision with a bruised calf.
Deng was one of the Bulls most reliable and important players all year long. He was selected to the All-Star team as a reserve by the coaches in the Eastern Conference, and averaged 16.5 points, 6.3 rebounds, and three assists in 38.7 minutes per game this season.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 4
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 14
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 28
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7