May 4, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The two got tangled up in the third quarter, and once they went to the ground, Randolph put his hand directly on Griffin’s throat, while Griffin used his elbow to push Randolph’s head further into the floor.
Both players received personal fouls, while Randolph received a technical, likely for that semi-choke he placed on Griffin.
Randolph would receive another technical foul near the very end of the game which resulted in his being ejected, but the Grizzlies were up by 15 points with just under two minutes remaining at the time.
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 4
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 7
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40