May 4, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
The two got tangled up in the third quarter, and once they went to the ground, Randolph put his hand directly on Griffin’s throat, while Griffin used his elbow to push Randolph’s head further into the floor.
Both players received personal fouls, while Randolph received a technical, likely for that semi-choke he placed on Griffin.
Randolph would receive another technical foul near the very end of the game which resulted in his being ejected, but the Grizzlies were up by 15 points with just under two minutes remaining at the time.
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 10
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5