May 4, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The two got tangled up in the third quarter, and once they went to the ground, Randolph put his hand directly on Griffin’s throat, while Griffin used his elbow to push Randolph’s head further into the floor.
Both players received personal fouls, while Randolph received a technical, likely for that semi-choke he placed on Griffin.
Randolph would receive another technical foul near the very end of the game which resulted in his being ejected, but the Grizzlies were up by 15 points with just under two minutes remaining at the time.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4