May 4, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The two got tangled up in the third quarter, and once they went to the ground, Randolph put his hand directly on Griffin’s throat, while Griffin used his elbow to push Randolph’s head further into the floor.
Both players received personal fouls, while Randolph received a technical, likely for that semi-choke he placed on Griffin.
Randolph would receive another technical foul near the very end of the game which resulted in his being ejected, but the Grizzlies were up by 15 points with just under two minutes remaining at the time.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 14
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 2
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 54
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6