May 3, 2013, 8:40 AM EST
Is there a more entertaining player to watch in the NBA than Stephen Curry?
And when he’s hot, he’s unstoppable. Which the Nuggets found out — again — in the third quarter when Curry dropped 14 points and 3 assists on them, sparking a 33-20 quarter when the Warriors pulled away. Denver never led again, that despite the efforts of the Warriors to give it away in the final five minutes.
Curry and the Warriors should celebrate. This is well deserved, well earned for a young team. It’s a fan base that deserves some good things to come its way. Things will feel a lot different Monday in San Antonio, but savor this for now. It’s a great moment and the team has a bright future.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 2
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 16
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)