May 3, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Is there a more entertaining player to watch in the NBA than Stephen Curry?
And when he’s hot, he’s unstoppable. Which the Nuggets found out — again — in the third quarter when Curry dropped 14 points and 3 assists on them, sparking a 33-20 quarter when the Warriors pulled away. Denver never led again, that despite the efforts of the Warriors to give it away in the final five minutes.
Curry and the Warriors should celebrate. This is well deserved, well earned for a young team. It’s a fan base that deserves some good things to come its way. Things will feel a lot different Monday in San Antonio, but savor this for now. It’s a great moment and the team has a bright future.
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 5
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 10