May 3, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
I say had because news came out Friday that Len had ankle surgery that will sideline him into next season, something tweeted by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
This could drop him a little, but likely not that much so long as team doctors are convinced this is something he can recover from, something that will not be chronic.
If you’re looking for positives, early in the season he looked great against the likely No. 1 overall pick Nerlens Noel. But Lee has had an up-and-down season. The questions revolve around his strength and toughness.
But in a draft full of risks, teams are more willing to gamble on true centers with a deft scoring touch inside. He’s the kind of big you can see as a solid rotation player in a couple years, and there is a lot of value in that.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 3
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 22
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 78
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19