May 3, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
I say had because news came out Friday that Len had ankle surgery that will sideline him into next season, something tweeted by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Potential lottery pick Alex Len of Maryland had surgery to stabilize stress fracture in his ankle and will be out 4-6 months, his agent says—
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) May 03, 2013
This could drop him a little, but likely not that much so long as team doctors are convinced this is something he can recover from, something that will not be chronic.
If you’re looking for positives, early in the season he looked great against the likely No. 1 overall pick Nerlens Noel. But Lee has had an up-and-down season. The questions revolve around his strength and toughness.
But in a draft full of risks, teams are more willing to gamble on true centers with a deft scoring touch inside. He’s the kind of big you can see as a solid rotation player in a couple years, and there is a lot of value in that.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 11
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 4
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 33
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 58
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40