May 3, 2013, 10:49 AM EDT
There were guys last summer who played through injuries to be part of the Olympics and it came back to haunt them this season. Nene, for example, played through plantar fasciitis to be part of Brazil’s team in London, but he missed a chunk of the Wizards’ season.
Joakim Noah has been fighting through plantar fasciitis these playoffs, the foot condition that really only gets better with rest.
“My priority will always be the Bulls. And to play in a league like this, I must be 100 percent. I will not play with the French team if I’m not ready. “
Expect Noah to take a summer off. Actually, I expect a lot of NBA players will take Euro 2013 off (and other international events), knowing that in the summer of 2014 the FIBA World Championships loom.
This is the same club vs. country battle that soccer has dealt with for years, it’s going to be a bigger one for basketball in the coming years. Especially as FIBA tries to spread out it’s calendar (and make more money, of course).
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 0
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 6
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 9
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18