May 3, 2013, 10:49 AM EST
There were guys last summer who played through injuries to be part of the Olympics and it came back to haunt them this season. Nene, for example, played through plantar fasciitis to be part of Brazil’s team in London, but he missed a chunk of the Wizards’ season.
Joakim Noah has been fighting through plantar fasciitis these playoffs, the foot condition that really only gets better with rest.
“My priority will always be the Bulls. And to play in a league like this, I must be 100 percent. I will not play with the French team if I’m not ready. “
Expect Noah to take a summer off. Actually, I expect a lot of NBA players will take Euro 2013 off (and other international events), knowing that in the summer of 2014 the FIBA World Championships loom.
This is the same club vs. country battle that soccer has dealt with for years, it’s going to be a bigger one for basketball in the coming years. Especially as FIBA tries to spread out it’s calendar (and make more money, of course).
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 1
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)