Kevin Durant on Royce White: “Who’s that?”

May 3, 2013, 2:36 PM EST

Oklahoma City Thunder's Durant sits on the bench during their NBA Western Conference basketball playoff against Houston Rockets in Oklahoma Reuters

Remember after the Rockets took Game 5 from the Thunder — forcing tonight’s Game 6 in Houston — Rockets draft pick Royce White (who has not played with the team all season) took to twitter to taunt Durant, saying “y’all are looking SHAAAKYY BAAAABYY.”

I would say Kevin Durant fired back on Friday, but that wouldn’t get the tone right. Durant was simply dismissive of White.

Here is what Durant said, via Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman.

“Who is that?” Durant asked when asked his reaction to White’s comments….

“I haven’t seen him on the bench,” Durant said. “I haven’t seen him on the bench. So, I mean, I’m not worried about guys that’s not even in our series. Ain’t that the guy that’s afraid to fly? Well I wish him the best, man, and if I see him next year I’ll let him know who were are.”

Durant tried to play dumb. He is not dumb. He knows who White is.

Which makes this response all the better, all the funnier. Full video below from CSN Houston.

Latest Posts
  1. Sixers offense from bad to worse: Tony Wroten out week with sprained knee

Nov 28, 2014, 6:30 PM EST

Phoenix Suns v Philadelphia 76ers Phoenix Suns v Philadelphia 76ers

He’s the team’s leading scorer (which says a lot about the Sixers’ offense).

2. Carmelo Anthony: Derrick Rose recruited me to Bulls

Nov 28, 2014, 2:10 PM EST

Derrick Rose Derrick Rose

Melo said it came down to Bulls and Knicks

3. NBA denies Kings’ protest

Nov 28, 2014, 12:39 PM EST

Ben McLemore Ben McLemore

Grizzlies’ win upheld

4. Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks

Nov 28, 2014, 12:25 PM EST

Oklahoma City Thunder v Los Angeles Clippers Getty Images

To reach the 49 wins it took to make the playoffs in the West last season, the Thunder need to go 45-21 the rest of the way.

5. Mark Cuban still taking jabs at Derek Fisher

Nov 28, 2014, 9:30 AM EST

Derek Fisher Derek Fisher

Mavericks own bitter about how Fisher left Dallas

6. Rumor: Lance Stephenson was issue with Roy Hibbert, may be issue in Charlotte

Nov 28, 2014, 8:00 AM EST

Portland Trail Blazers v Charlotte Hornets Getty Images

I’d take this rumor with a grain or 12 of salt, but…

7. Craig Sager nearing TNT return after battle with leukemia

Nov 27, 2014, 8:00 PM EST

Nebraska v Baylor Getty Images

Sager will receive clearance to fly in January.

8. Kings coach calls DeMarcus Cousins NBA’s best big man

Nov 27, 2014, 5:00 PM EST

Michael Malone, DeMarcus Cousins Michael Malone, DeMarcus Cousins

Michael Malone increases pressure on sometimes-combustible Cousins

Could Sixers be worst team in NBA history?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches