Kevin Durant on Royce White: “Who’s that?”

May 3, 2013, 2:36 PM EST

Oklahoma City Thunder's Durant sits on the bench during their NBA Western Conference basketball playoff against Houston Rockets in Oklahoma Reuters

Remember after the Rockets took Game 5 from the Thunder — forcing tonight’s Game 6 in Houston — Rockets draft pick Royce White (who has not played with the team all season) took to twitter to taunt Durant, saying “y’all are looking SHAAAKYY BAAAABYY.”

I would say Kevin Durant fired back on Friday, but that wouldn’t get the tone right. Durant was simply dismissive of White.

Here is what Durant said, via Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman.

“Who is that?” Durant asked when asked his reaction to White’s comments….

“I haven’t seen him on the bench,” Durant said. “I haven’t seen him on the bench. So, I mean, I’m not worried about guys that’s not even in our series. Ain’t that the guy that’s afraid to fly? Well I wish him the best, man, and if I see him next year I’ll let him know who were are.”

Durant tried to play dumb. He is not dumb. He knows who White is.

Which makes this response all the better, all the funnier. Full video below from CSN Houston.

Latest Posts
  1. The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference

Jan 29, 2015, 8:00 PM EST

DeMarcus Cousins DeMarcus Cousins

Damian Lillard, Kyle Korver, DeMarcus Cousins and more.

2. James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves

Jan 29, 2015, 7:27 PM EST

Houston Rockets v Phoenix Suns Getty Images

DeMarcus Cousins and Damian Lillard were left off in the West.

3. Timberwolves troll Kevin Love in advance of his Saturday return with Cavaliers (VIDEO)

Jan 29, 2015, 6:42 PM EST

Kevin Love Kevin Love

A promotional video hyping the matchup features plenty of players, but Kevin Love is noticeably absent.

4. Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson

Jan 29, 2015, 4:39 PM EST

Oklahoma City Thunder v Los Angeles Clippers - Game Six Getty Images

Brooks may last the season, but may not if Thunder miss the playoffs. Jackson, meanwhile, has been marginalized ever since Dion Waiters was acquired.

5. Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks

Jan 29, 2015, 3:56 PM EST

Dwyane Wade AP

Wade may be selected as an All-Star reserve Thursday night, but wouldn’t play in the midseason exhibition if the timeline holds true.

6. Paul George, family discuss night of leg injury, recovery (VIDEO)

Jan 29, 2015, 3:25 PM EST

Indiana Pacers v Los Angeles Lakers Getty Images

“I looked down to see my legs, and I saw my bone. The second I saw my bone, I just lost it.”

7. Rising Stars Challenge jerseys have a twist (photos)

Jan 29, 2015, 2:02 PM EST

See Andrew Wiggins’, Shabazz Muhammad’s and Dante Exum’s

8. Report: Knicks ‘in play’ for Kevin Durant

Jan 29, 2015, 10:19 AM EST

2014 Summer Classic Charity Basketball Game Getty Images

‘Person close to Durant’ cites Thunder star’s fondness of Carmelo Anthony

9. Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee

Jan 29, 2015, 9:43 AM EST

Trevor Ariza, Dwight Howard, Patrick Beverley AP

Rockets center requires further testing

10. LeBron James dances to Kyrie Irving’s game-winner (video)

Jan 29, 2015, 9:06 AM EST

LeBron James LeBron James

Happy times for Cavaliers. How long will they continue?

11. One time can’t miss prospect Renardo Sidney trying to make comeback, reach NBA

Jan 29, 2015, 8:30 AM EST

Mississippi State v Baylor Getty Images

Sidney is the poster child for the can’t miss prospect that missed.

Who should be All-Star Game reserves?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches