Kevin Durant on Royce White: “Who’s that?”

May 3, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT

Oklahoma City Thunder's Durant sits on the bench during their NBA Western Conference basketball playoff against Houston Rockets in Oklahoma Reuters

Remember after the Rockets took Game 5 from the Thunder — forcing tonight’s Game 6 in Houston — Rockets draft pick Royce White (who has not played with the team all season) took to twitter to taunt Durant, saying “y’all are looking SHAAAKYY BAAAABYY.”

I would say Kevin Durant fired back on Friday, but that wouldn’t get the tone right. Durant was simply dismissive of White.

Here is what Durant said, via Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman.

“Who is that?” Durant asked when asked his reaction to White’s comments….

“I haven’t seen him on the bench,” Durant said. “I haven’t seen him on the bench. So, I mean, I’m not worried about guys that’s not even in our series. Ain’t that the guy that’s afraid to fly? Well I wish him the best, man, and if I see him next year I’ll let him know who were are.”

Durant tried to play dumb. He is not dumb. He knows who White is.

Which makes this response all the better, all the funnier. Full video below from CSN Houston.

Latest Posts
  1. Jerry Colangelo: Paul George will attend USA Basketball minicamp meeting, won’t play

Aug 3, 2015, 9:03 PM EDT

Team USA Showcase Getty Images

Pacers star maintains status as lock for 2016 Olympic roster – if he wants to play

2. Klay Thompson’s brother called up to the White Sox

Aug 3, 2015, 8:16 PM EDT

Chicago White Sox v Kansas City Royals Getty Images

Trayce Thompson gives Thompson family yet another professional athlete

3. LeBron James to attend Team USA minicamp, leave early

Aug 3, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT

US forward LeBron James celebrates after Getty Images

That’ll keep him a viable candidate for 2016 Olympic roster

4. Report: Mavericks give Salah Mejri fully guaranteed salary

Aug 3, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT

BASKET-EURL-ANADOLU EFES-REAL MADRID Getty Images

Dallas loading up on players. What will roster look like in November?

5. Nancy Lieberman says DeMarcus Cousins happy Kings hired her

Aug 3, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT

Nancy Lieberman Nancy Lieberman

Will new Sacramento assistant coach improve Cousins’ relationship with George Karl?

6. Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire”

Aug 3, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT

Ray Allen AP

“I didn’t miss it. I realized how much time I missed not being home with my kids.” —Ray Allen on last season

7. Report: Kings have no interest in Hedo Turkoglu

Aug 3, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT

Washington Wizards v Los Angeles Clippers Getty Images

The Kings were never a likely landing spot.

8. Report: 76ers to sign Jordan McRae a year after stashing him

Aug 3, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT

Philadelphia 76ers v Utah Jazz Getty Images

What will J.P. Tokoto, future Philadelphia second-rounders think of McRae’s contract?

9. Timberwolves coach Flip Sauders returns to Twitter to say he loves three pointers

Aug 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT

Flip Saunders AP

The Timberwolves roster doesn’t have a lot of quality three point shooters on it.

10. Magic guarantee Dewayne Dedmon’s contract

Aug 3, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT

Orlando Magic v Brooklyn Nets Getty Images

Orlando keeps backup center on minimum contract

11. With Nikola Pekovic still hurt, Flip Saunders says Karl-Anthony Towns could start. Or Gorgui Dieng.

Aug 2, 2015, 9:32 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwu3mmzjztazntu1ogzhywnkzju2otmyzgnloty5otbl1 AP

Saunders has a versatile front line, but does he have enough shooting to give them room to operate?

12. Michael Jordan (and a kid) beat Jimmy Butler in shooting contest (VIDEO)

Aug 2, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT

Jordan will gloat about this to Butler for years.

Top 10 NBA Player Searches