May 3, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
The Rockets, with two straight wins over Oklahoma City, have momentum in their first-round series. But down 3-2, their backs are still against the wall.
Consider them pressed a little tighter.
Carlos Delfino has a fractured bone in right foot. Out for the playoffs.
Delfino has been having a nice series, scoring 9.0 points per game and making 11-of-31 pointers off the bench. Without him, spacing the floor will be a little more difficult, though Jeremy Lin’s return could help.
For the Rockets to do the never-been-done and win four straight after trailing 3-0, they’ll need nearly everything to go right. Houston has even less margin for error now.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 37
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42