May 3, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
The Rockets, with two straight wins over Oklahoma City, have momentum in their first-round series. But down 3-2, their backs are still against the wall.
Consider them pressed a little tighter.
Carlos Delfino has a fractured bone in right foot. Out for the playoffs.
Delfino has been having a nice series, scoring 9.0 points per game and making 11-of-31 pointers off the bench. Without him, spacing the floor will be a little more difficult, though Jeremy Lin’s return could help.
For the Rockets to do the never-been-done and win four straight after trailing 3-0, they’ll need nearly everything to go right. Houston has even less margin for error now.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 25
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18