May 3, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
The Rockets, with two straight wins over Oklahoma City, have momentum in their first-round series. But down 3-2, their backs are still against the wall.
Consider them pressed a little tighter.
Carlos Delfino has a fractured bone in right foot. Out for the playoffs.
Delfino has been having a nice series, scoring 9.0 points per game and making 11-of-31 pointers off the bench. Without him, spacing the floor will be a little more difficult, though Jeremy Lin’s return could help.
For the Rockets to do the never-been-done and win four straight after trailing 3-0, they’ll need nearly everything to go right. Houston has even less margin for error now.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 0
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8