May 3, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
The Rockets, with two straight wins over Oklahoma City, have momentum in their first-round series. But down 3-2, their backs are still against the wall.
Consider them pressed a little tighter.
Carlos Delfino has a fractured bone in right foot. Out for the playoffs.
Delfino has been having a nice series, scoring 9.0 points per game and making 11-of-31 pointers off the bench. Without him, spacing the floor will be a little more difficult, though Jeremy Lin’s return could help.
For the Rockets to do the never-been-done and win four straight after trailing 3-0, they’ll need nearly everything to go right. Houston has even less margin for error now.
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 0
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 7
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 7
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 12
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 37
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 45
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27