May 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Royce White is not with the Rockets during these playoffs — he is not on the active roster, he’s not on the Rockets bench, he’s a fan. A spectator.
White sure does like to stir the pot on twitter. Durant has wisely not responded.
I can hear some of you right now — White doesn’t get to talk because he’s not playing. He has no standing here. He should keep his fingers off the keyboard. He responded to the people on twitter who suggested that to him.
White was the No. 16 pick in the last draft but he didn’t get on the court for the Rockets this season. He is battling a Generalized Anxiety Disorder — which has symptoms such panic attacks and a fear of flying. White and the Rockets disagreed on how his disease should be dealt with around the team. When he did return from his strike, he was sent down to the D-League. Which was another mess with White threatening not to report. Eventually he just ended up back working out at the Rockets’ facility. But not with the team.
(Hat tip to Ben at The Point Forward for noticing this.)
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 7
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 7
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 19
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64