May 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Royce White is not with the Rockets during these playoffs — he is not on the active roster, he’s not on the Rockets bench, he’s a fan. A spectator.
White sure does like to stir the pot on twitter. Durant has wisely not responded.
I can hear some of you right now — White doesn’t get to talk because he’s not playing. He has no standing here. He should keep his fingers off the keyboard. He responded to the people on twitter who suggested that to him.
White was the No. 16 pick in the last draft but he didn’t get on the court for the Rockets this season. He is battling a Generalized Anxiety Disorder — which has symptoms such panic attacks and a fear of flying. White and the Rockets disagreed on how his disease should be dealt with around the team. When he did return from his strike, he was sent down to the D-League. Which was another mess with White threatening not to report. Eventually he just ended up back working out at the Rockets’ facility. But not with the team.
(Hat tip to Ben at The Point Forward for noticing this.)
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 9
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 12
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 17
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11