May 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Royce White is not with the Rockets during these playoffs — he is not on the active roster, he’s not on the Rockets bench, he’s a fan. A spectator.
White sure does like to stir the pot on twitter. Durant has wisely not responded.
I can hear some of you right now — White doesn’t get to talk because he’s not playing. He has no standing here. He should keep his fingers off the keyboard. He responded to the people on twitter who suggested that to him.
White was the No. 16 pick in the last draft but he didn’t get on the court for the Rockets this season. He is battling a Generalized Anxiety Disorder — which has symptoms such panic attacks and a fear of flying. White and the Rockets disagreed on how his disease should be dealt with around the team. When he did return from his strike, he was sent down to the D-League. Which was another mess with White threatening not to report. Eventually he just ended up back working out at the Rockets’ facility. But not with the team.
(Hat tip to Ben at The Point Forward for noticing this.)
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2