May 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Royce White is not with the Rockets during these playoffs — he is not on the active roster, he’s not on the Rockets bench, he’s a fan. A spectator.
White sure does like to stir the pot on twitter. Durant has wisely not responded.
I can hear some of you right now — White doesn’t get to talk because he’s not playing. He has no standing here. He should keep his fingers off the keyboard. He responded to the people on twitter who suggested that to him.
White was the No. 16 pick in the last draft but he didn’t get on the court for the Rockets this season. He is battling a Generalized Anxiety Disorder — which has symptoms such panic attacks and a fear of flying. White and the Rockets disagreed on how his disease should be dealt with around the team. When he did return from his strike, he was sent down to the D-League. Which was another mess with White threatening not to report. Eventually he just ended up back working out at the Rockets’ facility. But not with the team.
(Hat tip to Ben at The Point Forward for noticing this.)
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23