May 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Royce White is not with the Rockets during these playoffs — he is not on the active roster, he’s not on the Rockets bench, he’s a fan. A spectator.
White sure does like to stir the pot on twitter. Durant has wisely not responded.
I can hear some of you right now — White doesn’t get to talk because he’s not playing. He has no standing here. He should keep his fingers off the keyboard. He responded to the people on twitter who suggested that to him.
White was the No. 16 pick in the last draft but he didn’t get on the court for the Rockets this season. He is battling a Generalized Anxiety Disorder — which has symptoms such panic attacks and a fear of flying. White and the Rockets disagreed on how his disease should be dealt with around the team. When he did return from his strike, he was sent down to the D-League. Which was another mess with White threatening not to report. Eventually he just ended up back working out at the Rockets’ facility. But not with the team.
(Hat tip to Ben at The Point Forward for noticing this.)
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5