May 2, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
So much for that torn hip flexor ending David Lee‘s season.
In a stunning development, Lee has been cleared to play in game 6 for the Warriors according to Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports. Lee has missed the last four games of the series after he left game 1 early in the 4th quarter after injuring himself on a drive to the rim.
Goodman also reports that Lee could see the floor for 8-10 minutes tonight as the Warriors try to send the Nuggets home for the summer in this critical elimination game.
How much Lee can do in those minutes remains to be seen. It also remains to be seen how his integration back into the lineup affects the Warriors who have gone 3-1 without him available.
All that said, Lee’s presence will surely provide an emotional boost to his team and adds another twist to a series that’s been the most entertaining of the playoffs so far.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32