May 2, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
So much for that torn hip flexor ending David Lee‘s season.
In a stunning development, Lee has been cleared to play in game 6 for the Warriors according to Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports. Lee has missed the last four games of the series after he left game 1 early in the 4th quarter after injuring himself on a drive to the rim.
Goodman also reports that Lee could see the floor for 8-10 minutes tonight as the Warriors try to send the Nuggets home for the summer in this critical elimination game.
How much Lee can do in those minutes remains to be seen. It also remains to be seen how his integration back into the lineup affects the Warriors who have gone 3-1 without him available.
All that said, Lee’s presence will surely provide an emotional boost to his team and adds another twist to a series that’s been the most entertaining of the playoffs so far.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6