May 2, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
So much for that torn hip flexor ending David Lee‘s season.
In a stunning development, Lee has been cleared to play in game 6 for the Warriors according to Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports. Lee has missed the last four games of the series after he left game 1 early in the 4th quarter after injuring himself on a drive to the rim.
Goodman also reports that Lee could see the floor for 8-10 minutes tonight as the Warriors try to send the Nuggets home for the summer in this critical elimination game.
How much Lee can do in those minutes remains to be seen. It also remains to be seen how his integration back into the lineup affects the Warriors who have gone 3-1 without him available.
All that said, Lee’s presence will surely provide an emotional boost to his team and adds another twist to a series that’s been the most entertaining of the playoffs so far.
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 20
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 29