May 2, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
So much for that torn hip flexor ending David Lee‘s season.
In a stunning development, Lee has been cleared to play in game 6 for the Warriors according to Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports. Lee has missed the last four games of the series after he left game 1 early in the 4th quarter after injuring himself on a drive to the rim.
Goodman also reports that Lee could see the floor for 8-10 minutes tonight as the Warriors try to send the Nuggets home for the summer in this critical elimination game.
How much Lee can do in those minutes remains to be seen. It also remains to be seen how his integration back into the lineup affects the Warriors who have gone 3-1 without him available.
All that said, Lee’s presence will surely provide an emotional boost to his team and adds another twist to a series that’s been the most entertaining of the playoffs so far.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85