May 2, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
So much for that torn hip flexor ending David Lee‘s season.
In a stunning development, Lee has been cleared to play in game 6 for the Warriors according to Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports. Lee has missed the last four games of the series after he left game 1 early in the 4th quarter after injuring himself on a drive to the rim.
Goodman also reports that Lee could see the floor for 8-10 minutes tonight as the Warriors try to send the Nuggets home for the summer in this critical elimination game.
How much Lee can do in those minutes remains to be seen. It also remains to be seen how his integration back into the lineup affects the Warriors who have gone 3-1 without him available.
All that said, Lee’s presence will surely provide an emotional boost to his team and adds another twist to a series that’s been the most entertaining of the playoffs so far.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25