May 2, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
GM Rich Cho and the Charlotte Bobcats front office is going to do their homework.
Now you can tack a couple other names you recognize to the list — Alvin Gentry and Elston Turner, reports David Aldridge at NBA.com.
Gentry, a North Carolina native who played collegiately at Appalachian State, had expressed interest in the Bobcats’ job last week.
Turner was Gentry’s lead assistant in Phoenix.
Gentry was let go in Phoenix in the middle of this passt season surrounded by a debate on player development and focusing on that over wins and losses. The Suns brought in Lindsey Hunter to replace him because they thought Hunter would be better at developing their young players. So the Bobcats need to ask if he is the right guy for the job.
But they are going to talk to him. Apparently they are going to talk to a lot of people.
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 0
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 18
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6