May 1, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
Joe Johnson and Joakim Noah should get together at mid court during warm-ups Thursday and swap recovery from plantar fasciitis tips. The two are battling through the painful foot injury these playoffs to be out on the court.
Johnson, who had 22 points in Game 5, will be out on the court for a huge Game 6 Thursday night — Chicago leads the series 3-2 but if they don’t close it out with this game the two teams will head back for Game 7 in Brooklyn on Saturday with the Nets having all the momentum.
Johnson didn’t sugar coat his situation.
Johnson has averaged 16.2 points a game on 44.7 percent shooting (but just 29 percent from beyond the arc) in this series. If the Nets are going to force a Game 7, they are going to need a good game from him.
No official word on the biggest injury news of this series — Kirk Hinrich’s calf. The Bulls guard who made life difficult for Deron Williams (the key to the Bulls three wins) did not practice on Wednesday but was out of the walking boot he had been in the last couple days.
Still doesn’t look good for him to play, or if he does play to have the same impact he did on D-Will. And that would be a huge boost for Brooklyn.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 28
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23