May 1, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
Joe Johnson and Joakim Noah should get together at mid court during warm-ups Thursday and swap recovery from plantar fasciitis tips. The two are battling through the painful foot injury these playoffs to be out on the court.
Johnson, who had 22 points in Game 5, will be out on the court for a huge Game 6 Thursday night — Chicago leads the series 3-2 but if they don’t close it out with this game the two teams will head back for Game 7 in Brooklyn on Saturday with the Nets having all the momentum.
Johnson didn’t sugar coat his situation.
Johnson has averaged 16.2 points a game on 44.7 percent shooting (but just 29 percent from beyond the arc) in this series. If the Nets are going to force a Game 7, they are going to need a good game from him.
No official word on the biggest injury news of this series — Kirk Hinrich’s calf. The Bulls guard who made life difficult for Deron Williams (the key to the Bulls three wins) did not practice on Wednesday but was out of the walking boot he had been in the last couple days.
Still doesn’t look good for him to play, or if he does play to have the same impact he did on D-Will. And that would be a huge boost for Brooklyn.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49