May 1, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
Joe Johnson and Joakim Noah should get together at mid court during warm-ups Thursday and swap recovery from plantar fasciitis tips. The two are battling through the painful foot injury these playoffs to be out on the court.
Johnson, who had 22 points in Game 5, will be out on the court for a huge Game 6 Thursday night — Chicago leads the series 3-2 but if they don’t close it out with this game the two teams will head back for Game 7 in Brooklyn on Saturday with the Nets having all the momentum.
Johnson didn’t sugar coat his situation.
Johnson has averaged 16.2 points a game on 44.7 percent shooting (but just 29 percent from beyond the arc) in this series. If the Nets are going to force a Game 7, they are going to need a good game from him.
No official word on the biggest injury news of this series — Kirk Hinrich’s calf. The Bulls guard who made life difficult for Deron Williams (the key to the Bulls three wins) did not practice on Wednesday but was out of the walking boot he had been in the last couple days.
Still doesn’t look good for him to play, or if he does play to have the same impact he did on D-Will. And that would be a huge boost for Brooklyn.
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 3
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 13
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 8
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19