Andrew Bynum is flamenco dancing in Spain during NBA playoffs (VIDEO)

May 1, 2013, 1:00 PM EST

From the already massive “Andrew Bynum doesn’t care what you think” file…

If you’re wondering how Andrew Bynum’s knees are doing about six weeks after the latest of his surgeries, they are apparently good enough to do some flamenco dancing in Spain, where he is on vacation. The video is above off the Spanish café’s Facebook page (via Zach Harper at Eye on Basketball, who for the record is a better dancer than Drew).

Sixers fans are just shaking their heads.

First: nice outfit, Bynum. Fonzi leather jacket, white T-shirt and jeans. You are a rebel without a cause.

Bynum heads to Europe every summer to get away, and that is his prerogative. Life is there to enjoy and we all should travel more. But Bynum has to know how this is going to play back home — whenever the free agent to be does sign with a team this summer we are all going to link back to this dancing video and talk about how he seems to care more about having fun than playing basketball.

The perception is he doesn’t care about the game, and some teammates have said that about him behind his back.

I’ll be honest — when it first became official that Andrew Bynum would miss the entire NBA season with bad knees, I said somebody would still give him max money next year, just for fewer years. But I was wrong. Teams are too leery of him. He’s still going to get a shockingly large short-term deal from someone, but not max.

And the fans of whatever team does sign him should be warned that the movement you see here might not be what you get on the court.

1. 91devinhester23 - May 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM

lol… i’m sure philly would love to bring him back

• spthegr8 - May 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I’m just wondering what in the in the world he went on VACATION for??? You usually take a vacation as a break from WORK. Drew ( or Big IKE Turner the 7 foota ) hasn’t WORKED since he left L.A. So if he went on a Trip that’s one thing. But he DEFINATELY didn’t go on Vacation. You gotta WORK too take Vacation!! I’m Just Saying!!

• 4thquartermagic - May 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Rehabbing everyday IS work.

Signed,

Tracy McGrady

• spthegr8 - May 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM

@4th
        Yeah, SUUUUUUUUURRRREEEE IT IS!!!!

2. sasquash20 - May 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM

If we bring him back then kill me!!

3. phillyrox - May 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!

4. alildusty - May 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM

next dancing with the stars competitor?

such a sad sack of wasted talent. he’s gonna have an eddy curry like career. if only those two cared about the game….

5. mcdall20 - May 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Being that he stole money all year, maybe they’ll arrest him for theft coming back through customs?

6. logisticalvoices - May 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Is there any doubt that the Howard-Bynum trade will go down as one of the biggest disasters of all time. All three teams (Magic included) got shafted. How is that even possible?

• eboneseagles - May 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Magic got some nice pieces actually.

• ihavenonickname - May 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM

nuggets are happy enough.

• eventhorizon04 - May 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Denver and Orlando did well:
      1. Andre Iguodala is a much needed elite wing defender on the Nuggets who gets assigned to the opposition’s best player.
      2. Though I feel like the Magic should have gotten more in exchange for Dwight, the Magic still got some nice pieces including Nikola Vucevic (a top-5 rebounder).

From the Lakers standpoint: They had the option of keeping Andrew Bynum for 1 more year – which he likely would have missed completely due to his chronic knee problems – or getting Dwight Howard. Dwight Howard at 70% is better than Andrew Bynum at 0%.

Only team that got screwed was Philly.

• asimonetti88 - May 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM

IMO, it turned out great for the Lakers. Instead of a center that didn’t log a single minute, they got one who averaged 17 PPG, 12 RPG and 2.4 BPG, along with a reserve that chipped in 7.3 PPG and 5.5 RPG. Say what you want about Howard’s play but it’s pretty hard to argue they would have been a better team keeping Bynum instead.

7. themars211 - May 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I remember the 2008 playboy mansion incident when he had knee surgery and a few weeks later was hanging out with Hugh Hefner playing volleyball, and walking around with strippers on his shoulders. Oh to be young and dumb with no perspective….lol

8. Mr. Wright 212 - May 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Lamborghini MERCY.

9. cantonbound13 - May 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Bum

10. coryfor3 - May 1, 2013 at 2:26 PM

That dude loves him some basketball.

11. utahjazzfan2 - May 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Looks like a Workmens Comp commercial. The NBA needs to get rid of the guaranteed contracts.

12. 1historian - May 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I spent 3 1/2 years in the service.

Then I joined the Laborer’s Union and worked 36 years. I worked HARD.

I’m now retired. I have aches and pains and a few joints don’t work like they’re supposed to.

I’m supposed to pay some of my hard-earned money to watch this clown?

Is this a joke?

BTW – I skipped the video part

13. mungman69 - May 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I wouldn’t watch that video even if you glued my eyes open.

• scalfor3 - May 1, 2013 at 10:36 PM

That’s some clockwork orange ish right there

14. jhuck92 - May 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM

At this point, I’d rather take the risk of an Allen Iverson comeback. At least he seems more serious about getting back into the game.

15. glink123 - May 1, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I’d offer him a 1-year $5 million deal, contingent on him playing 41 games. Not a penny more.

16. yuwannano - May 1, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Haha!

17. tigershark49 - May 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM

As a Laker fan, good riddance, drew!!! LoL

18. buyerfirstrealty - May 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Can someone please tell me what Bynum is supposed to be doing? I’m by no means an apologist for Bynum but does the man have to stay at home or in the gym every moment of the offseason. He had surgery 6 weeks ago. He’s apparently feeling better as a result of the surgery. I mean really is it such a slow sports news day that we have to resort to watching him dance while on vacation. Would you rather he be limping around on crutches?

19. maldenmo - May 6, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Andrew Bynum is a bum and I am being nice here. He wanted the big bucks, but he didn’t want do anything to earn it. He hurt himself bowling? GIVE ME A BREAK! He never wanted to come to Philly, be a 76er or prove he can be a dominate player without a NBA MVP around him. He claimed he was unable to play ALL SEASON, but if he got traded to Miami, Oklahoma City or San Antonio late in the season, his so called injury would be miraculously cured and he would have been on the floor that night. And we got rid of Iguolada and Brand for THIS JERK. He is Nothing and deserves the same from all NBA teams.

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches