May 1, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
From the already massive “Andrew Bynum doesn’t care what you think” file…
If you’re wondering how Andrew Bynum’s knees are doing about six weeks after the latest of his surgeries, they are apparently good enough to do some flamenco dancing in Spain, where he is on vacation. The video is above off the Spanish café’s Facebook page (via Zach Harper at Eye on Basketball, who for the record is a better dancer than Drew).
Sixers fans are just shaking their heads.
First: nice outfit, Bynum. Fonzi leather jacket, white T-shirt and jeans. You are a rebel without a cause.
Bynum heads to Europe every summer to get away, and that is his prerogative. Life is there to enjoy and we all should travel more. But Bynum has to know how this is going to play back home — whenever the free agent to be does sign with a team this summer we are all going to link back to this dancing video and talk about how he seems to care more about having fun than playing basketball.
The perception is he doesn’t care about the game, and some teammates have said that about him behind his back.
I’ll be honest — when it first became official that Andrew Bynum would miss the entire NBA season with bad knees, I said somebody would still give him max money next year, just for fewer years. But I was wrong. Teams are too leery of him. He’s still going to get a shockingly large short-term deal from someone, but not max.
And the fans of whatever team does sign him should be warned that the movement you see here might not be what you get on the court.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61