May 1, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
From the already massive “Andrew Bynum doesn’t care what you think” file…
If you’re wondering how Andrew Bynum’s knees are doing about six weeks after the latest of his surgeries, they are apparently good enough to do some flamenco dancing in Spain, where he is on vacation. The video is above off the Spanish café’s Facebook page (via Zach Harper at Eye on Basketball, who for the record is a better dancer than Drew).
Sixers fans are just shaking their heads.
First: nice outfit, Bynum. Fonzi leather jacket, white T-shirt and jeans. You are a rebel without a cause.
Bynum heads to Europe every summer to get away, and that is his prerogative. Life is there to enjoy and we all should travel more. But Bynum has to know how this is going to play back home — whenever the free agent to be does sign with a team this summer we are all going to link back to this dancing video and talk about how he seems to care more about having fun than playing basketball.
The perception is he doesn’t care about the game, and some teammates have said that about him behind his back.
I’ll be honest — when it first became official that Andrew Bynum would miss the entire NBA season with bad knees, I said somebody would still give him max money next year, just for fewer years. But I was wrong. Teams are too leery of him. He’s still going to get a shockingly large short-term deal from someone, but not max.
And the fans of whatever team does sign him should be warned that the movement you see here might not be what you get on the court.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 0
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 9
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 55
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17