Apr 30, 2013, 9:24 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Stephen Curry loves the three ball.
• Jason Segel — you know him from “How I Met Your Mother” and “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” and, frankly his best work, “The Muppets” movie — was a high school teammate of Jason Collins. Segel was a big off the bench for Harvard-Westlake… although when you’re an average high school big man off the bench behind two future NBA seven-footers (Jason and his brother Jarron) you don’t get a lot of quality minutes. Still, impress your girlfriend with that trivia later.
• Here’s a report that Jeff Weltman, an assistant GM in Milwaukee, is the early favorite to become the Suns new GM.
• For the second straight year, Jason Kidd won the NBA’s Sportsman of the Year award.
• Former NBA All-Star Chris Gatling (yes he was in 1997) is facing criminal charges for being a squatter in an Arizona home.
• We told you before the Toronto Raptors were considering making a run at Phil Jackson to take over as president of their organization. ESPN says they are going to make their pitch this week. Jackson will listen and think it over. But accepting it is another matter.
• Pau Gasol says he would prefer to be back with the Lakers next season. Kobe Bryant says he wants Gasol back. Yet Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak was clear on Tuesday that he’s going to look at trades.
• A ranking of the NBA arenas… with San Antonio’s AT&T Center on top of the list.
• J.R. Smith takes some just terrible shots, but he makes them more often than other NBA players.
• The U.S. Attorney’s office is going after a company that allegedly defrauded the NBA Players Union of $3 million.
• A great look at Andrew Bogut, Ty Lawson and four guys quietly impacting these playoffs by our man Rob Mahoney at SI.
Apr 25, 2015, 5:33 PM EDT
Nets now trail the Hawks 2-1 in the series.
Apr 25, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Apr 25, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets
Apr 25, 2015, 2:29 PM EDT
“The officials [have] got to get that stuff under control, because there’s too much physical stuff going on. Howard is throwing people all over the place,” Carlisle said.
Report: ‘No scenario’ where Kawhi Leonard will pursue offer sheets as a restricted free agent this summer
Apr 25, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Spurs and Leonard are a perfect match.
Mavericks coach Carlisle rips officials, claims ‘there’s too much physical stuff going on’ after Game 3 loss to Rockets
Apr 25, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Apr 25, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Pierce did the same thing to the Raptors a year ago when he was with the Nets.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
The Spurs are Kawhi Leonard’s team now.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
These feel like Stephen Curry’s playoffs.
Apr 25, 2015, 1:28 AM EDT
Leonard was fantastic at both ends of the court.
Apr 25, 2015, 12:18 AM EDT
The Wizards are moving on. That’s the Truth.
Apr 24, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Dwight Howard grabbed 26 rebounds, too.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Portland, down 0-2 to Memphis, needs all the help it can get.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
NBA continues its technological push.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Parker is going to finish his degree at Duke.
Apr 24, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
The Warriors eventually won in overtime regardless.
Apr 24, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Looking past the first round to some of the more exciting later matchups to come.
Apr 24, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
The long-running rift continues.
Apr 24, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
He’s got to coach whoever they draft anyway, why not?
LeBron James on why Kevin Love gets criticized: ‘When you have a big three, they’ve got to find someone’
Apr 24, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
With Heat, it was Chris Bosh
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 0
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 7
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6