Apr 30, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
Oklahoma City had its chances.
There will be a Game 5 after the Rockets beat the Thunder Monday night (although that’s likely where it ends). But the Thunder had their chance at a sweep, it just seems like the final play became a scramble of lost opportunities like much of the game was for them. Kevin Durant wanted to take a game winning three but couldn’t get a clean look away from Francisco Garcia, Reggie Jackson tried to drive and make something happen but Omer Asik was a brick wall in his way, and in the end Serge Ibaka still had a chance to send the game to overtime with an open lay-up off the rebound.
And he missed the bunny.
There will be other chances, the Thunder will win this series. But they missed this one.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 6
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 35
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22