Apr 30, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
Oklahoma City had its chances.
There will be a Game 5 after the Rockets beat the Thunder Monday night (although that’s likely where it ends). But the Thunder had their chance at a sweep, it just seems like the final play became a scramble of lost opportunities like much of the game was for them. Kevin Durant wanted to take a game winning three but couldn’t get a clean look away from Francisco Garcia, Reggie Jackson tried to drive and make something happen but Omer Asik was a brick wall in his way, and in the end Serge Ibaka still had a chance to send the game to overtime with an open lay-up off the rebound.
And he missed the bunny.
There will be other chances, the Thunder will win this series. But they missed this one.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 10
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 9
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 39
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10