Serge Ibaka misses bunny at the buzzer in Thunder loss (VIDEO)

Apr 30, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT

Oklahoma City had its chances.

There will be a Game 5 after the Rockets beat the Thunder Monday night (although that’s likely where it ends). But the Thunder had their chance at a sweep, it just seems like the final play became a scramble of lost opportunities like much of the game was for them. Kevin Durant wanted to take a game winning three but couldn’t get a clean look away from Francisco Garcia, Reggie Jackson tried to drive and make something happen but Omer Asik was a brick wall in his way, and in the end Serge Ibaka still had a chance to send the game to overtime with an open lay-up off the rebound.

And he missed the bunny.

There will be other chances, the Thunder will win this series. But they missed this one.

Thanks to The Point Forward for the video.

1. therealroman - Apr 30, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Look at Asik’s reaction after the game is won at 1:08…no showboating, no “getting in Ibaka’s face” even though he just fought real hard to get that W. Just picks up the ball, allows a little smile and gives it back to the ref. What a stand-up guy, what a true athlete. Same goes for Ibaka. Too bad he missed that one but he’s improving his game so much, always bringing the intensity anyways… I love watching that guy play

• 1972wasalongtimeago - Apr 30, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Agree on Ibaka. And I like Asik too. But I think you might be giving Asik little too much credit for his sportsmanship in this instance.

Asik’s team won on an error, and you have to be kind of a huge A-Hole to showboat when you’re standing right over the guy that made the error. Especially when all the win meant was that you didn’t get swept 4-0 in the first round. And especially when the refs bailed you out by not calling a foul on you just one second before the error was committed. (I know, the ref shouldn’t have called a foul there, but we’ve all seen that foul called hundreds of times)

So yes, congratulations to Omer Asik for understanding at that moment that you shouldn’t talk smack when just by the grace of God you didn’t get swept 4-0, and that you weren’t going to be one who gave up the tying free throws.

• dannymac17 - Apr 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Won on an error? Refs bailing people out?

Just stop. I don’t like either of these teams, but its apparent you have no clue what you are talking about.

• xLith - Apr 30, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Since when is missing a shot an error? Are we playing BASEketball?

I’ve been cheering for the Thunder ever since they got KD and Westbrook. My Rockets have been terrible so I wanted a team to cheer for in the playoffs. I chose the Thunder. Up and coming young, likable players.

However, there are some crazy, irrational Thunder fans out there. Maybe I’m just noticing them now since the Rockets are playing them. People like you, making stupid comments about fouls when you have Kevin Durant. You know he was like the top player for the past 2-3 years for foul calls right? It just baffles me people are crying about officiating when Durant is on that team and is notoriously favored by the refs.

Second, by the grace of God this could be a 3-1 Rockets series. Do you forget that you only won by 3 points the last two games? Do you remember Westbrook was in one of those? Do you remember that game before last where Durant’s game winner bounced around four times before dropping in?

I still don’t think my Rockets are going to win another game. I’m just glad they finally fought and held on. You however need a reality check. You’re barely 3-1 against the 8th seed in the west. Have fun playing close games like this against San Antonio / Memphis / Clippers. I bet you don’t make it to the finals again.

• 1972wasalongtimeago - Apr 30, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Is this guy talking to me?

• roeski - Apr 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Wow , xLith. Bitter much? That last paragraph is hilarious. At least we know you’ll be comforted watching us move on while the Rockets are at home on the couch. Get real.

2. therealroman - Apr 30, 2013 at 12:04 PM

but he played tough defense on that play before, so other guys would have possibly gone nuts in that moment. if he wasn’t there they would have lost, that’s for sure (obviously that’s his role in that moment, to protect the paint, but still, tough D)
    just sayin, a lot of adrenaline at that moment ect. You gotta respect that, it just seems to me like he’s an outstanding professional

• 1972wasalongtimeago - Apr 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I agree. Great game last night. It’s good that the series continues.

3. yoyojimbog - Apr 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM

So you watch the ending of this game and tell me nba isn’t staged?

4. Mr. Wright 212 - Apr 30, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Looking like the deacon’s wife in church at an altar call. Acting like it was Game 7 of the Finals and he blew the layup that cost them the game. GET UP AND GET READY FOR GAME 5.

5. realninerfan22 - Apr 30, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Well Durant made that lucky 3 pointer in game 3 so it evens it’s self out.. Durant is showing his true colors he’s nothing but a scorer who can’t defend.. He’s overrated as a player but not as a scorer

• Mr. Wright 212 - May 1, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Tried to tell people. I hate that it took Russ getting hurt before these nincompoops realized that arguing who is better between him and Anthony is apples to apples when they are forced to serve the same function (which Durant finally does now that Westbrick is out).

6. yuckabuck - Apr 30, 2013 at 4:34 PM

You know that if that had been Wade or Lebron running into Asik that there would have been a whistle and two free throws to tie the game.I’m not a Thunder or Rockets fan, but let’s be honest about the modern NBA. Ibaka’s miss would have been meaningless if the teammate shooting it had been certain other players in the league.

• southbeachtalent - Apr 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM

you can add Kobe, Durant, Westbrook, Melo, Harden, CP3 and just about every other all-star.

I do agree that should have been a foul, but that’s like saying life isn’t fair. No $#%#$!

7. patall24 - May 1, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Reggie was most def fouled on that drive. I completely agree if that was lebron or wade it would of been called. It is what is and it will end tonight at OKC game 5.

8. patall24 - May 1, 2013 at 3:00 AM

And to the moron saying oh I’m a rockets fan but pulling for OKC. But let me talk crap about OKC getting lucky, Dood a wins a win. Seriously don’t try and pretend to be an OKC fan just cause your team is not going to make the second round.

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches