Apr 30, 2013, 7:09 PM EDT
Obviously the big news of the NBA week is Jason Collins and his coming out as a gay man who happens to be an NBA player. Except right now he’s an old NBA player hoping to catch on with a team next season. Kay Adams and I talk about the chances of that.
Then we get back to the Western Conference playoffs and the impact of the Russell Westbrook injury on the Thunder. Also, sure the Spurs are now the favorites in the West (they’ve got a healthy Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili) but the rest of the series between the Clippers and Grizzlies should be a war because they can see a much more clear path to the conference finals.
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 13
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9