Apr 30, 2013, 7:09 PM EST
Obviously the big news of the NBA week is Jason Collins and his coming out as a gay man who happens to be an NBA player. Except right now he’s an old NBA player hoping to catch on with a team next season. Kay Adams and I talk about the chances of that.
Then we get back to the Western Conference playoffs and the impact of the Russell Westbrook injury on the Thunder. Also, sure the Spurs are now the favorites in the West (they’ve got a healthy Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili) but the rest of the series between the Clippers and Grizzlies should be a war because they can see a much more clear path to the conference finals.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 12
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30