Apr 30, 2013, 7:09 PM EDT
Obviously the big news of the NBA week is Jason Collins and his coming out as a gay man who happens to be an NBA player. Except right now he’s an old NBA player hoping to catch on with a team next season. Kay Adams and I talk about the chances of that.
Then we get back to the Western Conference playoffs and the impact of the Russell Westbrook injury on the Thunder. Also, sure the Spurs are now the favorites in the West (they’ve got a healthy Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili) but the rest of the series between the Clippers and Grizzlies should be a war because they can see a much more clear path to the conference finals.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28