Apr 30, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
If we can be sure of one thing around the Lakers this summer it is this: Antawn Jamison will not be back.
The veteran forward was frustrated all season with how he was used — or often not used — in the ever-shifting Mike D’Antoni Lakers lineups. He handled it professionally but I heard him express frustration and confusion more than once after games.
So with the season over he blew off his exit interview with the Lakers and instead scheduled surgery on his wrist for Tuesday, reports Eric Pincus at the Los Angeles Times.
Lakers forward Antawn Jamison is set to undergo wrist surgery at 7 a.m. Tuesday. The Lakers’ veteran forward sustained an injury on March 22 in a loss to the Washington Wizards. An MRI revealed ligament damage, but Jamison played through the discomfort to help the team finish the season…
Despite the Lakers’ efforts to contact him, Jamison skipped his exit interview with the team on Monday, according to a team spokesman.
Jamison will land somewhere else next season (he had a one-year minimum deal with the Lakers). He may be 37 at the start of next season but he averaged 9.4 points a game on 46.4 percent shooting and 36 percent from three in the Lakers screwed up systems. As a veteran shooter off the bench he has a lot of value to teams, likely on a minimum deal again but he will get a job.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32