Apr 30, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
If we can be sure of one thing around the Lakers this summer it is this: Antawn Jamison will not be back.
The veteran forward was frustrated all season with how he was used — or often not used — in the ever-shifting Mike D’Antoni Lakers lineups. He handled it professionally but I heard him express frustration and confusion more than once after games.
So with the season over he blew off his exit interview with the Lakers and instead scheduled surgery on his wrist for Tuesday, reports Eric Pincus at the Los Angeles Times.
Lakers forward Antawn Jamison is set to undergo wrist surgery at 7 a.m. Tuesday. The Lakers’ veteran forward sustained an injury on March 22 in a loss to the Washington Wizards. An MRI revealed ligament damage, but Jamison played through the discomfort to help the team finish the season…
Despite the Lakers’ efforts to contact him, Jamison skipped his exit interview with the team on Monday, according to a team spokesman.
Jamison will land somewhere else next season (he had a one-year minimum deal with the Lakers). He may be 37 at the start of next season but he averaged 9.4 points a game on 46.4 percent shooting and 36 percent from three in the Lakers screwed up systems. As a veteran shooter off the bench he has a lot of value to teams, likely on a minimum deal again but he will get a job.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47