Apr 30, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
If we can be sure of one thing around the Lakers this summer it is this: Antawn Jamison will not be back.
The veteran forward was frustrated all season with how he was used — or often not used — in the ever-shifting Mike D’Antoni Lakers lineups. He handled it professionally but I heard him express frustration and confusion more than once after games.
So with the season over he blew off his exit interview with the Lakers and instead scheduled surgery on his wrist for Tuesday, reports Eric Pincus at the Los Angeles Times.
Lakers forward Antawn Jamison is set to undergo wrist surgery at 7 a.m. Tuesday. The Lakers’ veteran forward sustained an injury on March 22 in a loss to the Washington Wizards. An MRI revealed ligament damage, but Jamison played through the discomfort to help the team finish the season…
Despite the Lakers’ efforts to contact him, Jamison skipped his exit interview with the team on Monday, according to a team spokesman.
Jamison will land somewhere else next season (he had a one-year minimum deal with the Lakers). He may be 37 at the start of next season but he averaged 9.4 points a game on 46.4 percent shooting and 36 percent from three in the Lakers screwed up systems. As a veteran shooter off the bench he has a lot of value to teams, likely on a minimum deal again but he will get a job.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 3
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25