Apr 29, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Keeping the lid on a celebrity wedding is not easy, but Michael Jordan has always craved privacy for her personal life and he did as good a job at it as one could expect over the weekend.
Jordan, the man many consider the greatest basketball player ever, married his fiancé Yvette Prieto, a former model, in Florida Saturday.
Jordan, the owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, met Prieto five years ago and they got engaged last December. There were an estimated 500 guests at the wedding and another 1,500 at the reception (according to People Magazine) and the band at Jordan’s wedding was better than the one at yours (and mine), reports the Associated Press.
Entertainment included DJ MC Lyte, singers K’Jon, Robin Thicke and Grammy Award winner Usher and The Source, an 18-piece band.
I wish Jordan and Prieto all the best and hope for a long and happy marriage. PBT pitched in and bought you a fondue set, just tell us where to send it.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23