Apr 29, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Keeping the lid on a celebrity wedding is not easy, but Michael Jordan has always craved privacy for her personal life and he did as good a job at it as one could expect over the weekend.
Jordan, the man many consider the greatest basketball player ever, married his fiancé Yvette Prieto, a former model, in Florida Saturday.
Jordan, the owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, met Prieto five years ago and they got engaged last December. There were an estimated 500 guests at the wedding and another 1,500 at the reception (according to People Magazine) and the band at Jordan’s wedding was better than the one at yours (and mine), reports the Associated Press.
Entertainment included DJ MC Lyte, singers K’Jon, Robin Thicke and Grammy Award winner Usher and The Source, an 18-piece band.
I wish Jordan and Prieto all the best and hope for a long and happy marriage. PBT pitched in and bought you a fondue set, just tell us where to send it.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 13
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 11
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20