Apr 29, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Keeping the lid on a celebrity wedding is not easy, but Michael Jordan has always craved privacy for her personal life and he did as good a job at it as one could expect over the weekend.
Jordan, the man many consider the greatest basketball player ever, married his fiancé Yvette Prieto, a former model, in Florida Saturday.
Jordan, the owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, met Prieto five years ago and they got engaged last December. There were an estimated 500 guests at the wedding and another 1,500 at the reception (according to People Magazine) and the band at Jordan’s wedding was better than the one at yours (and mine), reports the Associated Press.
Entertainment included DJ MC Lyte, singers K’Jon, Robin Thicke and Grammy Award winner Usher and The Source, an 18-piece band.
I wish Jordan and Prieto all the best and hope for a long and happy marriage. PBT pitched in and bought you a fondue set, just tell us where to send it.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18