Apr 29, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
Keeping the lid on a celebrity wedding is not easy, but Michael Jordan has always craved privacy for her personal life and he did as good a job at it as one could expect over the weekend.
Jordan, the man many consider the greatest basketball player ever, married his fiancé Yvette Prieto, a former model, in Florida Saturday.
Jordan, the owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, met Prieto five years ago and they got engaged last December. There were an estimated 500 guests at the wedding and another 1,500 at the reception (according to People Magazine) and the band at Jordan’s wedding was better than the one at yours (and mine), reports the Associated Press.
Entertainment included DJ MC Lyte, singers K’Jon, Robin Thicke and Grammy Award winner Usher and The Source, an 18-piece band.
I wish Jordan and Prieto all the best and hope for a long and happy marriage. PBT pitched in and bought you a fondue set, just tell us where to send it.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 8
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 17
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)