Apr 29, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
Kirk Hinrich has been a key reason the Chicago Bulls have a 3-1 lead over the Brooklyn Nets in their first-round playoff series.
After a Game 1 Nets win where Deron Williams did pretty much as he pleased against the Bulls defense (22 points on 9-of-15 shooting), coach Tom Thibodeau switched Hinrich onto Williams and the veteran guard made D-Will’s life difficult. In Game 2, Williams had 8 points. Game 3 it was 18 on 14 shots. And while in Game 4 Williams had 32 points and 10 assists, he shot just 11-of-25 and had 7 turnovers.
But Hinrich has a bruised calf and when the Bulls showed up for shootaround Hinrich was there, but…
The bigger concern is the long term — if the Bulls are without Hinrich for Game 6 and, if it gets there, a Game 7, this could alter the series dramatically.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40