Apr 29, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
Kirk Hinrich has been a key reason the Chicago Bulls have a 3-1 lead over the Brooklyn Nets in their first-round playoff series.
After a Game 1 Nets win where Deron Williams did pretty much as he pleased against the Bulls defense (22 points on 9-of-15 shooting), coach Tom Thibodeau switched Hinrich onto Williams and the veteran guard made D-Will’s life difficult. In Game 2, Williams had 8 points. Game 3 it was 18 on 14 shots. And while in Game 4 Williams had 32 points and 10 assists, he shot just 11-of-25 and had 7 turnovers.
But Hinrich has a bruised calf and when the Bulls showed up for shootaround Hinrich was there, but…
Kirk's at shootaround…wearing a walking boot—
Aggrey Sam (@CSNBullsInsider) April 29, 2013
The bigger concern is the long term — if the Bulls are without Hinrich for Game 6 and, if it gets there, a Game 7, this could alter the series dramatically.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 42
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 88
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 57
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59