Apr 29, 2013, 8:14 PM EDT
Lin originally suffered the injury in the first half of Game 2, and was unable to start the second half because of it. He tried to play through it in Game 3, but was clearly limited and finished just 1-of-6 from the field with two points, one assist, and a turnover in 18 minutes of action.
The Rockets trail the Thunder three games to none in the best of seven series, so a loss on Monday will end their season. Lin was a big part of what Houston did all season long offensively, so his production will be missed.
Lin started in all 82 regular season games for the Rockets, and averaged 13.4 points, 3.0 rebounds, and 6.1 assists in 32.2 minutes per contest.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14