Apr 29, 2013, 4:35 PM EST
When Jason Terry came down in transition in overtime and pulled up for a transition jumper early in the clock you could hear Boston collectively say, “Nooooo… YES!”
The hot and cold Terry has been more like dry ice during these playoffs but when he got hot in overtime he put up nine straight points and pushed Boston into a fifth game, avoiding the sweep against the Knicks.
It may be short lived, and this certainly doesn’t wipe out a rough season in Boston, but it was nice to see The Jet back. Even if it was just for five minutes.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 0
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 7
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 16
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30