Andrew Bogut’s big night included some big dunks (VIDEO)

Apr 29, 2013, 8:42 AM EST

Andre Iguodala, Andrew Bogut AP

When the Golden State Warriors were trading for Andrew Bogut, this is the guy they were hoping to get — the Bogut from before the back and ankle injuries, the defensive force who had some offensive game. And could throw down a dunk or two as well.

Which he did all over JaVale McGee. Bogut and Carl Landry have stepped up big in the wake of David Lee going down, but it in particular has been Bogut on both ends that has been a key in this series. Defensively he has been key to taking away the Nuggets ability to get points in the paint. On offense he helped set the tone Sunday night when the Warriors took a 3-1 lead in the series.

And with each Bogut dunk you get a little roar.

1. anhdazman - Apr 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I’ll have to admit, I was one of the GSW fan who was pretty pissed when we traded Ellis away for Bogut. I just felt we were trading for damaged goods. Also felt GSW needed to give more time for the team to gel.
    Yes, I realized that since the 80’s and Don Nelson days that we’ve been looking and searching for a true center. Has it really been 4 decades before we finally have a legit center?!
    But, it looks like it’s worth the wait. Bogut finally getting some legs under neath him and he’s been a positive defensive beast for us in the middle. GSW are no longer pushovers in the paint. His tough hard nose defensive style is also rubbing off on our younger players.
    The Warriors could always score, but the time has come where we can also rebound and play solid defense.

• brianz72 - Apr 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM

As a Bucks fan, I was sad to see Bogut leave, but he is just way too injury-prone. He is incapable of putting together a healthy season. Enjoy his production while it lasts, hopefully at the right time in the playoffs.

• shaggytoodle - Apr 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I have been a Bucks fan through thick and thin, the year the Bucks won the lottery, I was super excited. Bogut is good on the post, has above average passing, and can play great defense. The year the Bucks won like 19 of 22 or whatever after the all star break it was because of his great play. Of course he then had a freak injury dunking against the Suns I believe.

I understood why the Bucks made the trade, but Bogut is one of my favorite players he always tries hard, he just can’t seem to catch a break with injuries, but its still awesome to see when he takes over games the way he can. I hope he stays healthy and can raise hell with GS this post-season.

2. 4thquartermagic - Apr 29, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Even with Curry shooting beyond light out, the real difference maker in the is series is Bogut.

His effectiveness has given the Nuggets defensive fits. High pick and roll defense collapses when the big man decides to crash the lane and dunk on fools.

He got healthy at the right time for GS.

3. Mr. Wright 212 - Apr 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM

That game was fun as hell to watch from start to finish last night.

4. aldavis4president - Apr 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I love my warriors!!! HEAT games should be as entertaining and fun warriors games but the NBA and LeBron r so scared to make the heat and themselves look bad so they kall 50freethrows in favor of bron and wade SMH!! real TEAM bball in the bay!! Other teams are shooting 10+ more fts then us and were still killin!!! #warriors!!!

5. baymac408 - Apr 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM

WARRIORS ALL DAY!! wakin the world up!!

6. badintent - Apr 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM

White men can’t jump and other urban legends

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches