Apr 27, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Robinson scored 23 of his 34 points in the fourth quarter, but this, um, less than sane shot with two seconds left in the first overtime (as seen at the 52 second mark in the video clip above) nearly put this one in the win column for the Bulls.
I’m not sure what you even call that — a running jumper, maybe?
The crazy part is, that wasn’t that far away from being a three-pointer that Robinson banked home; his left foot appeared to be firmly on the three-point line when he took off for the shot.
Joe Johnson similarly got a runner off on the following possession, albeit one that appeared to be much more calculated, and much closer to the basket.
With two seconds remaining, Johnson had a chance to put the ball on the floor and get into the paint, where he calmly sank a floater from inside of 15 feet to send the game into its second overtime session.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 2
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 17
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7