Apr 27, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Robinson scored 23 of his 34 points in the fourth quarter, but this, um, less than sane shot with two seconds left in the first overtime (as seen at the 52 second mark in the video clip above) nearly put this one in the win column for the Bulls.
I’m not sure what you even call that — a running jumper, maybe?
The crazy part is, that wasn’t that far away from being a three-pointer that Robinson banked home; his left foot appeared to be firmly on the three-point line when he took off for the shot.
Joe Johnson similarly got a runner off on the following possession, albeit one that appeared to be much more calculated, and much closer to the basket.
With two seconds remaining, Johnson had a chance to put the ball on the floor and get into the paint, where he calmly sank a floater from inside of 15 feet to send the game into its second overtime session.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13