Apr 27, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Robinson scored 23 of his 34 points in the fourth quarter, but this, um, less than sane shot with two seconds left in the first overtime (as seen at the 52 second mark in the video clip above) nearly put this one in the win column for the Bulls.
I’m not sure what you even call that — a running jumper, maybe?
The crazy part is, that wasn’t that far away from being a three-pointer that Robinson banked home; his left foot appeared to be firmly on the three-point line when he took off for the shot.
Joe Johnson similarly got a runner off on the following possession, albeit one that appeared to be much more calculated, and much closer to the basket.
With two seconds remaining, Johnson had a chance to put the ball on the floor and get into the paint, where he calmly sank a floater from inside of 15 feet to send the game into its second overtime session.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28