Apr 27, 2013, 9:32 PM EST
Robinson scored 23 of his 34 points in the fourth quarter, but this, um, less than sane shot with two seconds left in the first overtime (as seen at the 52 second mark in the video clip above) nearly put this one in the win column for the Bulls.
I’m not sure what you even call that — a running jumper, maybe?
The crazy part is, that wasn’t that far away from being a three-pointer that Robinson banked home; his left foot appeared to be firmly on the three-point line when he took off for the shot.
Joe Johnson similarly got a runner off on the following possession, albeit one that appeared to be much more calculated, and much closer to the basket.
With two seconds remaining, Johnson had a chance to put the ball on the floor and get into the paint, where he calmly sank a floater from inside of 15 feet to send the game into its second overtime session.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 14
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 16
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17