Apr 27, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Robinson scored 23 of his 34 points in the fourth quarter, but this, um, less than sane shot with two seconds left in the first overtime (as seen at the 52 second mark in the video clip above) nearly put this one in the win column for the Bulls.
I’m not sure what you even call that — a running jumper, maybe?
The crazy part is, that wasn’t that far away from being a three-pointer that Robinson banked home; his left foot appeared to be firmly on the three-point line when he took off for the shot.
Joe Johnson similarly got a runner off on the following possession, albeit one that appeared to be much more calculated, and much closer to the basket.
With two seconds remaining, Johnson had a chance to put the ball on the floor and get into the paint, where he calmly sank a floater from inside of 15 feet to send the game into its second overtime session.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47