Apr 27, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
At this point, what’s another injured Laker having to sit out?
Metta World Peace tried to give it a go Friday night against San Antonio — he’d had fluid removed from his knee less than 24 hours before but tried to get out on the court. He was moving stiffly and shot 0-6 in the first half. Coach Mike D’Antoni sat him in the second half.
Now World Peace says he may sit out Game 4 Sunday as well (a literal must-win game for a Lakers team down 3-0 to the Spurs in a best-of-seven).
“I’ll probably sit out Sunday,” World Peace said after the game. “Then these guys will be at full strength and they’ll be a strong five for a consistent game. We lacked that tonight. I was the weak link tonight, I missed defensive assignments and went short on a lot of shots. I couldn’t hustle on defense.”
I bet Mike D’Antoni talks to him and we hear a different story by Sunday. What is MWP saving himself for?
Kobe Bryant and Steve Blake are both out for the Lakers Sunday as well, while Steve Nash and Jodie Meeks missed Game 3 and are doubtful for Game 4. Jordan Hill is playing but is limited off hip surgery.
Also doubtful for Game 4 are the Lakers chances of extending the series against a team that beat them by 31 Friday night.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9