Apr 27, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
In advance of the retail launch of the new Crazyquick basketball shoe, adidas dropped its latest ad featuring John Wall, Damian Lillard, and Jrue Holiday, narrated by rapper A$AP Rocky and featuring his song “Goldie.”
“I wore the Crazyquick throughout the season and I’m happy to have my first big thing with the adidas family,” said Wall, via the official release. “I’m a big fan of A$AP. He’s somebody that has real good music going out. He’s a different type of person, a different type of style and it’s great to have him narrating this commercial. I think everyone’s gonna like it a lot.”
It’s interesting to note that they refer to Lillard as Rookie of the Year in the ad, which is something that’s been widely assumed but has yet to be officially announced.
The Crazyquick drops on May 1, but is available for preorder now in five different colorways. Let us know if you plan on picking up a pair in the comments.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 1
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 20
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17