Apr 27, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
In advance of the retail launch of the new Crazyquick basketball shoe, adidas dropped its latest ad featuring John Wall, Damian Lillard, and Jrue Holiday, narrated by rapper A$AP Rocky and featuring his song “Goldie.”
“I wore the Crazyquick throughout the season and I’m happy to have my first big thing with the adidas family,” said Wall, via the official release. “I’m a big fan of A$AP. He’s somebody that has real good music going out. He’s a different type of person, a different type of style and it’s great to have him narrating this commercial. I think everyone’s gonna like it a lot.”
It’s interesting to note that they refer to Lillard as Rookie of the Year in the ad, which is something that’s been widely assumed but has yet to be officially announced.
The Crazyquick drops on May 1, but is available for preorder now in five different colorways. Let us know if you plan on picking up a pair in the comments.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13