Apr 27, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
In advance of the retail launch of the new Crazyquick basketball shoe, adidas dropped its latest ad featuring John Wall, Damian Lillard, and Jrue Holiday, narrated by rapper A$AP Rocky and featuring his song “Goldie.”
“I wore the Crazyquick throughout the season and I’m happy to have my first big thing with the adidas family,” said Wall, via the official release. “I’m a big fan of A$AP. He’s somebody that has real good music going out. He’s a different type of person, a different type of style and it’s great to have him narrating this commercial. I think everyone’s gonna like it a lot.”
It’s interesting to note that they refer to Lillard as Rookie of the Year in the ad, which is something that’s been widely assumed but has yet to be officially announced.
The Crazyquick drops on May 1, but is available for preorder now in five different colorways. Let us know if you plan on picking up a pair in the comments.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 3
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 27
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 47
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 84
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13