Apr 27, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
In advance of the retail launch of the new Crazyquick basketball shoe, adidas dropped its latest ad featuring John Wall, Damian Lillard, and Jrue Holiday, narrated by rapper A$AP Rocky and featuring his song “Goldie.”
“I wore the Crazyquick throughout the season and I’m happy to have my first big thing with the adidas family,” said Wall, via the official release. “I’m a big fan of A$AP. He’s somebody that has real good music going out. He’s a different type of person, a different type of style and it’s great to have him narrating this commercial. I think everyone’s gonna like it a lot.”
It’s interesting to note that they refer to Lillard as Rookie of the Year in the ad, which is something that’s been widely assumed but has yet to be officially announced.
The Crazyquick drops on May 1, but is available for preorder now in five different colorways. Let us know if you plan on picking up a pair in the comments.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24